This Garlic Herb Roast Beef is so juicy and tender, plus it’s so easy to make! Perfect for Sunday dinners, holidays or for meal prepping!
An easy roast of beef for all occasions! We even make this roast beef recipe for Sunday dinner just so we have sliced roast beef for sandwiches or another dinner during the week. Add Creamy Mashed Potatoes and these simple Roasted Carrots for the most delicious and comforting dinner ever!
Garlic Herb Roast Beef Recipe
Whether you’re looking for that perfect Sunday dinner or a holiday is coming up like Christmas or Easter, this Garlic Herb Roast Beef is the recipe that you need! First of all, it’s super easy to make and that makes any type of meal planning a breeze.
Second of all, it’s so delicious and juicy, your family and friends are going to think you are a rock star in the kitchen. Serve with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes and a Caesar Salad on this side and you’ve got a meal worthy of any holiday or special occasion.
How To Make A Roast Beef
All you need to do is grab your roast and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. This just takes the chill off the meat and helps it to cook more evenly. Next, make a rub with fresh garlic, fresh chopped rosemary, olive oil and lots of kosher salt and black pepper.
Just rub all the ingredients onto the roast beef along with a good drizzle of olive oil and place it on a baking rack over a foil lined baking sheet.
What Temperature Do You Cook Roast Beef For Rare?
We do like our roast beef to be pretty rare. You can go anywhere between 125 and 135 degrees for rare to medium rare, taking into account that while the beef rests it will rise 5-10 degrees more.
Our sweet spot for roast beef is 125 degrees, then we take it out of the oven, cover it loosely with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes. After resting the roast beef usually ends up at about 135, which is the perfect medium rare roast.
If you are planning on making this Garlic Herb Roast Beef for meal prepping, do lean towards a more rare temperature as it will cook through more as you reheat the beef.
Because not only do we love serving this roast beef recipe for holidays and weekend dinners, but we love slicing it thin and using it for sandwiches during the week. One of our favorite ways to serve this sliced roast beef is on a hot, open faced sandwich with gravy, kind of like our Hot Turkey Sandwich but with beef instead.
What Side Dishes Can I Serve This Roast Beef Recipe With?
All the sides that you can think of…pretty much anything will go with this Garlic Herb Roast Beef. The side dishes that you serve will mostly depend on what you’re making this recipe for, a holiday like Easter or Christmas, or a dinner with the family.
- Green Beans Almondine
- Creamy Bacon Mushrooms
- Creamed Peas with Crispy, Fried Shallots
- Grandma’s BEST Stuffed Artichokes
- Duchess Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes
How Do You Reheat Leftover Roast Beef?
Roast beef will loose a little bit of the rareness when you reheat it, but that’s totally ok. If you reheat this roast beef for just a minute or so in the microwave, just so that it’s warmed through, you’ll be good to go.
Just heating the beef until it’s warmed through, not super hot, will keep the roast beef rare, and you can top it with hot gravy to make it even warmer. Alternately, if you’re using leftover roast beef for sandwiches, you don’t need to reheat it at all!
Looking For More Beef Recipes?
- Marsala Beef Stew with Mushrooms
- French Bistro Beef Stew
- Beef Wellington
- Grandma’s Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Corned Beef
- Guinness Shepherd’s Pie
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef
This simple, delicious roast beef recipe is easy enough to make on weeknights and fancy enough to serve for holidays and Sunday dinners! Leftover roast beef is also amazing for sandwiches!
- 4 – 4 1/2 pound top round roast
- 2 tablespoons crushed or finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Olive oil
- Let the roast come to room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the roast on a roasting rack over a foil lined baking sheet.
- Rub the garlic and rosemary over the tops and sides of the roast. Generously add kosher salt and fresh black pepper to the tops and sides of the roast, then drizzle with a light coating of olive oil.
- Cook the roast beef at 450 for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and tent the roast with foil. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees, then return the roast to the oven and cook another 65-70 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 125 degrees.
- Remove the roast from the oven and place on a board. Tent the roast beef with foil and let rest for 15 minutes or until the temperature comes up to 135 for medium rare.
- Slice and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, roast beef recipe, easy recipes, holiday dinners, sunday dinners, beef recipes, low carb recipes