The BEST Roasted Carrots are perfectly cooked and coated with butter and parsley! Easy to make and for an every day dinner or a holiday meal!
We make these roasted carrots so often, whether it’s with a Grilled Flank Steak or a Roasted Turkey dinner. These carrots go perfectly with just about any meal, and they’re easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner or a dinner party!
Why This Is The BEST Roasted Carrots Recipe
For one, it’s all about the flavor. Carrots are sweet to begin with, and then roasting them brings out even more natural sugar in the carrots making them extra delicious. Next add melted butter and chopped fresh parsley and you’ve got a side dish for all occasions.
We make these roasted carrots for everyday dinners, holidays or fancy dinner parties…if we ever have fancy dinner parties, this carrot recipe is on the list. Not only are they super tasty but they are SO easy to make it’s on our constant dinner rotation.
How To Make Roasted Carrots
Start by slicing the carrots into long strips like we did here. Of course you can cut your carrots in different shapes, but cutting the carrots into thin strips helps them roast quickly and evenly.
Brush the carrots with melted butter and then season generously with kosher salt and fresh black pepper. Roast the carrots at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and then check the carrots to see if they’re tender.
Some of the smaller carrots will be done faster than the bigger pieces but as long as you get somewhere in the middle they’ll be perfect. If they aren’t quite done after 20 minutes, toss place them back into the oven for another 5 minutes and check again.
You can also remove any smaller carrots that are already cooked through and keep them warm if needed.
When the carrots are tender, test them for seasonings and adjust if needed. Place the carrots in a serving dish or on a platter and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
That’s all there is to making the BEST Roasted Carrots! Super simple, super delicious.
Other Herbs That Go Well With Roasted Carrots
We kept it simple with fresh parsley but there are many different herbs that go well with this carrot recipe!
In addition to butter, you can also use brown butter, olive oil and even a splash of balsamic vinegar!
Looking For More Easy Side Dishes?
- Creamed Peas with Fried Shallots
- Green Bean Casserole
- Brussels Sprouts Casserole
- Cheesy Crock Pot Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole
This simple roasted carrot recipe is on our constant dinner rotation- and also our holiday menus!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise (*see note)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the carrots to a baking sheet and brush with the melted butter. Season generously with salt and fresh pepper and place in the oven.
- Roast the carrots for 20-25 minutes until just fork tender. The cooking time will depend on how big your carrot slices are, so start checking after about 20 minutes.
- When the carrots are tender, remove from the oven and place onto a serving platter. Garnish the carrots with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
Slice the carrots into 2 or 3 long strips as shown in the pictures. This will depend on the thickness of the carrot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrots, carrot recipes, roasted carrots, carrots with parsley, side dish recipe, side dishes, thanksgiving sides, vegetable sides, vegetable recipes