Try this Spicy Pineapple Margarita for a tasty twist on a traditional margarita recipe! This tequila drink is a tasty way to ring in happy hour!
Why Do We LOVE Margaritas So Much?
What do you want to drink when you’re eating tacos on Taco Tuesday? These Spicy Pineapple Margarita, of course. But margaritas aren’t the only tequila mixed cocktail out there. As we know there’s the ever popular Tequila Sunrise, and one of my favorites The Paloma.
Or for all you hard core tequila fans out there, you’ll just drink some good quality tequila straight up. If you want to learn more about his delicious spirit, check out our Everything You Wanted To Know About Tequila article – even what to do with tequila besides cocktails!
What I love about this Spicy Pineapple Margarita recipe is that you can keep it mild for those that don’t like the heat, or spice it up to your heat level.
Try making this margarita recipe in a pitcher, then adding different types of hot sauces to the table just like a margarita bar! That way your guests can control how hot they like their cocktails.
What Is Good To Mix With Tequila?
Like in this pineapple margarita recipe here, definitely pineapple juice! But there’s so many delicious variations you can make with this margarita recipe, check out these ideas!
- Orange juice
- Grapefruit juice
- Mango juice or nectar
- Pear nectar
- Add sparkling soda or seltzer for some fizz!
So let’s remember here, if you’re making these margaritas for a crowd, try leaving out the hot sauce and letting your guests add it to their individual cocktails.
Unless you know you’ve got a spice loving crowd, then shake them up.
Experiment with your favorite hot sauce, there’s so many great brands out there ranging from mild to blow your head off heat! We like keeping a few different bottles on hand for different types of recipes…
Looking For More Tequila Cocktails?
- Tequila Rosé Spritzer
- Double Trouble Tequila Shots
- Cinco de Mayo Tequila Cocktail Collection
- Nutty Tequila Cocktail
This spicy pineapple margarita recipe is sure to be a hit for Cinco de Mayo, or any cocktail party!
- 1 1/2 ounces gold tequila
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- Squeeze of fresh lime (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Sea salt for rimming the glass (optional)
- Add the tequila, hot sauce, triple sec, pineapple juice, lime juice and cilantro (if using) to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a salt rimmed glass, if you prefer.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge, lime wheel and more fresh cilantro.
If you’re making these margaritas for a crowd and you’re not sure how spicy to make them, leave the hot sauce out and let your guests add their own!
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American