This Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice is the ultimate, comfort food dinner recipe! Beef, peppers, onions and tons of cheese make this fried rice irresistible!
I mean just look at that bowl of fried rice. I don’t know a person alive who’d turn that down for dinner, or any meal! It’s almost like a cheesy rice recipe, with provolone or mozzarella cheese melted all through the rice…
Seriously guys. This fried rice is out of this world delicious.
Ingredients For This Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
Fried rice recipes are really good recipes for cleaning out the refrigerator. You can easily swap out vegetables in this recipe or different proteins, then just follow the steps in this recipe for perfect fried rice!
- Leftover white rice or rice that has been cooked and cooled
- Ground beef
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Provolone or mozzarella cheese
How Do You Make This Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice?
There are so many different versions of fried rice recipes that you should be able to find one to please just about anyone. But we love the super cheesy, peppery flavor of this rice recipe so much, we make this for dinner a lot.
What Ingredients Can You Substitute In This Fried Rice Recipe?
Pretty much anything you’ve got in your refrigerator! Just another reason why we love making dinner recipes like this, it’s so easy to dump everything into the wok and have it on the table in minutes.
Here’s some great swap out ideas!
- Rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken works great
- Sliced steak or ground pork instead of ground beef
- Keep the meat out for a vegetarian dinner!
- Add broccoli, cabbage or different kinds of vegetables instead of or in addition to the peppers
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice instead of white rice
Tips For Making The Best Fried Rice
There are a few tips for making really delicious tasting fried rice at home. One is to make the rice ahead of time and let it cool in the refrigerator.
The rice will become firmer this way and the grains will separate making for a more authentic fried rice, not mushy fired rice that no one wants.
Another great tip is to grab a couple of containers of rice from your local Chinese take out place and use that instead of making your own rice.
We usually make our own and let it cool but whenever we have leftover rice from getting take out, you can be we’re making fried rice the next day.
The last thing you need to do when you’re making fried rice is to use the right pan, typically a wok. If you don’t have a wok try and use a deep skillet so there’s a lot of surface area to come in contact with the food.
But let’s get back to all that cheesy fried rice…if that’s not a comfort food dinner to you then I don’t know what is. Literally, I could eat this Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice about once a week.
Like I said before, you can swap out cauliflower rice for regular rice too, so if your following a low carb diet this recipe is going to be a go to on your list.
Can Fried Rice Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Definitely! Make this recipe when you have time and then simply microwave it when you’re ready to eat. Another bonus to making this rice ahead of time is that it’s a lunch or snack that our kids can grab on their own.
Sometimes we even double this recipe just so we have the leftovers – because not much is left after our kids get to this Philly Cheesesteak Rice. Not much at all.
Looking For More Fried Rice Recipes?
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Italian Fried Rice
- Fall Fried Rice
- Chicken Fajita Fried Rice
- BBQ Pork Fried Rice
- Hibachi Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
This super tasty fried rice recipe has all the flavors of a Philly Cheesesteak! This is a dinner recipe the whole family will ask for again and again!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup diced red peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 cups cooked, cooled rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- Spray a wok or large skillet with cooking spray, then set over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through, then remove to a plate.
- Add the oil to the wok and cook the ground beef until no pink remains, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the beef from the wok and drain.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil to the wok along with the onions and peppers. Cook for 7-8 minutes until they have softened, then add the garlic and cook for a minute more. Add the beef, peppers, onions and eggs back to the wok along with the cooked rice.
- Turn the heat down and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir into the warm rice until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried rice recipe, fried rice, rice recipe, ground beef recipe, dinner recipe, easy recipes