This super tasty fried rice recipe has all the flavors of a Philly Cheesesteak! This is a dinner recipe the whole family will ask for again and again!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup diced red peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 cups cooked, cooled rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- Spray a wok or large skillet with cooking spray, then set over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through, then remove to a plate.
- Add the oil to the wok and cook the ground beef until no pink remains, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the beef from the wok and drain.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil to the wok along with the onions and peppers. Cook for 7-8 minutes until they have softened, then add the garlic and cook for a minute more. Add the beef, peppers, onions and eggs back to the wok along with the cooked rice.
- Turn the heat down and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir into the warm rice until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried rice recipe, fried rice, rice recipe, ground beef recipe, dinner recipe, easy recipes