Italian Fried Rice is a twist on a traditional fried rice recipe, done with Italian flavors! Sausage, peppers and cheese go right into this rice recipe!
Italian Fried Rice Recipe
Sausage, peppers and onions is one of my favorite combinations of flavors and fried rice is one of our favorite, quick weeknight dinners to make! That’s why we love this Italian twist on fried rice.
Dinner like this Italian Fried Rice recipe are so easy on busy evenings, and everyone loves it so it’s on our constant dinner rotation!
One of the tricks we’ve figured out is making a bunch of food in the morning and having it in the fridge – at the ready.
So when someone comes home we can throw a plate of grilled chicken at them quick or maybe a bowl of this fried rice.
I’m telling you now, this recipe is crazy, crazy good. I gave bowls out to a couple of neighbors to sample, random kids riding their bikes in front of my house…all gave the thumbs up.
How Do You Make Fried Rice?
The best way to make this Italian Fried Rice is to make the rice a couple hours ahead of time, let it cool and get it in the fridge.
You don’t want mushy fried rice – no one does. But when you cook the rice ahead of time and let it chill it comes out perfect every single time.
The rest is easy, just browning the sausage, onions and peppers…adding a few seasonings and stirring in the sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella balls at the end.
And you definitely want to add in the mozzarella in at the end otherwise you’re going to have melted mozzarella in your rice. Unless that’s the kind of thing you’re looking for, then it’s your call!
This fried rice recipe makes a ton of rice, so it’s perfect for parties or dinner and then leftovers the next day!
Looking For More Fried Rice Recipes?
This fried rice recipe has all the Italian flavors you love!
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella balls (I used the smallest ones for this but any size will do)
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium heat then add the sausage to brown.
- Cook the sausage breaking up into pieces until browned through, then add in the onion, both peppers, salt, oregano and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the onion and peppers are softened then add the rice.
- Stir to combine the rice with the sausage and vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the marsala wine, stir, then add the sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Stir once more to combine and serve.
Keywords: fried rice, fried rice recipe, dinner recipes, easy dinner, dinner ideas, rice recipe