Italian Fried Rice is our twist on a traditional fried rice recipe, done Italian style! Loaded with sausage, peppers, cheese and all your favorite flavors!
Ingredients For This Italian Fried Rice Recipe
Sausage, peppers and onions is one of my favorite combinations of flavors and fried rice is one of our favorite, quick weeknight dinners to make. That’s why we love this Italian twist on fried rice. Dinner like this Italian Fried Rice recipe are so easy on busy evenings, and everyone loves it so it’s on our constant dinner rotation!
The basics that you’ll need to make this rice recipe are:
- Leftover white rice, or cooked and cooled rice
- Italian Sausage, spicy or mild
- Green and red bell peppers
- Mozzarella cheese balls
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Marsala wine
Tips For Making The Best Fried Rice
There’s nothing worse than mushy rice, by itself or in any recipe like fried rice. One of the tricks that we use to make our fried rice so good is that we use leftover, completely cooled rice.
You can also grab white rice from your local Chinese take out place. Just bring it home and dump the container out onto a large plate to cool – spreading out the rice in an even layer will help it cool faster. Once the rice is totally cool then you can go ahead and use it to make your fried rice.
If you’re making your own rice, just follow those same steps after its cooked. Get the largest plate or platter you have and spread the rice out so that it cools without getting mushy. The refrigerate it until you’re ready to make your rice recipe!
Another tip for making really good, authentic fried rice is to have all your ingredients ready. Fried rice should be cooked quickly at a high temperature to get a nice sear on the ingredients. If you’re looking around for the next ingredient, chances are your rice will burn or get overcooked.
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To This Fried Rice Recipe?
Fried rice is really versatile, so this is the time that you can clean out your fridge with any leftovers you might have!
- Ground beef instead of sausage, pork or turkey sausage
- Roasted red peppers
- Pepperoncini peppers
Can I Make This Rice Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Definitely! We love making big batches of this rice ahead of time for easy dinners. Also, we have hungry boys in our house so whenever there’s food at the ready to grab for them, it’s a win.
Microwaving does the trick for heating up this rice, it’s easy and only takes a couple of minutes. Also our kids can heat it up for themselves so that’s another a big bonus.
Looking For More Fried Rice Recipes?
Pork Cauliflower Fried Rice (Low carb recipe)Print
This fried rice recipe has all the Italian flavors you love!
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella balls (I used the smallest ones for this but any size will do)
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium heat then add the sausage to brown.
- Cook the sausage breaking up into pieces until browned through, then add in the onion, both peppers, salt, oregano and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the onion and peppers are softened then add the rice.
- Stir to combine the rice with the sausage and vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the marsala wine, stir, then add the sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella balls.
- Stir once more to combine and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried rice, fried rice recipe, dinner recipes, easy dinner, dinner ideas, rice recipe