We love making Cauliflower Fried Rice for a healthy dinner! This vegetable fried “rice” recipe is so good, our kids love it too!
We love making all kinds of fried rice recipes like this Italian Fried Rice for a fun twist, or a classic Hibachi Fried Rice recipe with a sweet hint of pineapple. You can even swap out cauliflower rice in basic rice dishes like our Spicy Mushroom Rice!
Because good for you food should still taste – well, good. Right?
And I can promise you, this Cauliflower Fried Rice is so tasty, you’ll never know the rice is missing. Hopefully you’re kids won’t either because ours definitely loved this fried rice!
How Do You Make Cauliflower Rice?
All you need to do is head over to our post on How To Make Better Cauliflower Rice! It will explain everything you need to know, plus our method for making cauliflower rice just a little bit better.
We like a larger texture to our cauliflower rice so that it doesn’t get mushy in your recipes. But if you like a finer texture you can do that easily too!
What Can You Substitute In This Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe?
Pretty much anything you want! We used a mild chicken sausage in this recipe but you can add ground beef, ground pork, chicken or turkey.
Even leftover turkey or leftover chicken would work. Ham? Yep. This fried rice recipe is pretty versatile! Use up what you have in your fridge for this fried rice.
Also the vegetables, we stuck with basic peas and carrots but anything would work! Broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, bok choy, fresh spinach or kale…again, use what you like and clean out the fridge!
You can process the cauliflower as chunky or as fine as you like, the texture here is key to making fried rice that isn’t mushy, but mimics actual rice.
The finer you make the cauliflower the more it will resemble rice, so if you’re trying to trick the kids this would be your best bet! We like the larger pieces for more texture and our boys have gotten used to it that way, but if your just starting out, definitely do what works!
Looking For More Low Carb Recipes?
- Sausage and Vegetable Soup
- 30 Incredible Low Carb Dinners
- Sicilian Beef and Cauliflower
- Fiesta Steak Bites
- Ham and Veggie “Risotto”
We took our favorite cauliflower rice recipe and turned it into this delicious pork fried rice! You can make this fried rice with ground chicken, turkey or beef or leave it out for a vegetarian recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3/4 pound ground chicken, pork or beef (leave out for a vegetarian option)
- 6 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3–4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Add the oil to a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble, then remove from the pan.
- Add more oil if needed, then add the ground chicken to brown. Break up the chicken into smaller pieces as it browns, draining any grease from the pan if needed.
- Add the cauliflower rice, scallions and the peas and carrots to the skillet and stir. Cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes to let the vegetables steam. Remove the lid and stir.
- Add the scrambled eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with sesame seeds and more chopped scallions for garnish.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower rice, cauliflower fried rice, fried rice recipe, chicken fried rice, low carb dinner, low carb recipe, fried rice, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, easy recipes