Fall Fried Rice is the perfect fried rice recipe for fall! Loaded with fresh squash and sausage, you’ll want to make this fried rice all the time!
A Fried Rice RecipeWith Fall Flavors
I think you guys know by now how much we love fried rice around here. It started out with our basic pork fried rice that we make all the time, then it turned into remaking our favorite Hibachi Pork Fried Rice at home…from there we’ve had Chicken Fajita Rice and Italian Fried Rice…we like our rice for dinner.
So it was a totally normal thing for me to come up with this Fall Fried Rice for Fall. It just had to happen.
This fried rice recipe has acorn squash, butternut squash and pumpkin puree all to make the fall flavors really come out.
How Do You Make The Best Fried Rice?
It’s so easy you won’t believe it. One of the keys to making any fried rice recipe is that you have to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go ahead of time.
That way when it’s time to start cooking and you’ve got a hot wok, everything is ready to go because recipes like fried rice are usually cook very quickly.
Another great tip we’ve learned over the years is to cook your rice ahead of time, then let it cool completely. When the rice is warm it tends to be softer, mushy you might even say. You can also grab white rice from your favorite Chinese take out place!
For this Fall Fried Rice, start by browning the sausage in wok or a large skillet. Next stir in the pumpkin, cooked rice and the cooked squash cubes…you’re almost there!
All it needs is a few seasonings and some crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
Well, this fried rice recipe is also great with a nice cold beer on the side to wash it down. But other than that – it’s pretty perfect all on it’s own.
What Can You Substitute In This Fried Rice Recipe?
- Ground beef or pork instead of sausage
- Different vegetables like peas and carrots or broccoli for the squash
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Slivered almonds or wonton chips instead of the pumpkin seeds
This delicious and hearty fried rice recipe is perfect for soaking up all the flavors of fall!
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups cooked acorn squash, diced
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled completely
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin (pepita) seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add a tablespoon of the oil to a large wok or skillet and heat over high heat.
- Pour in the eggs and scramble, cooking for two minutes until just set. Remove to a plate.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil and then add the sausage to brown, breaking up with a spoon as you go.
- After the sausage has browned you can stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Now add the cooked rice, soy sauce, eggs and cubed squash.
- Stir and taste for seasonings, the soy sauce and sausage add saltiness but if you need a little more salt you can add it in to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with the pumpkin seeds. If you can’t find roasted pumpkin seeds just toss them into a dry pan for a few minutes until you can start to smell them, then remove from the heat and let cool.
You can buy already cut up squash that you can microwave right in the bag from the grocery store!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried rice recipe, fried rice, rice recipe, dinner recipe, easy dinner recipes