This delicious and hearty fried rice recipe is perfect for soaking up all the flavors of fall!
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups cooked acorn squash, diced
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled completely
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin (pepita) seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add a tablespoon of the oil to a large wok or skillet and heat over high heat.
- Pour in the eggs and scramble, cooking for two minutes until just set. Remove to a plate.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil and then add the sausage to brown, breaking up with a spoon as you go.
- After the sausage has browned you can stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Now add the cooked rice, soy sauce, eggs and cubed squash.
- Stir and taste for seasonings, the soy sauce and sausage add saltiness but if you need a little more salt you can add it in to taste.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with the pumpkin seeds. If you can’t find roasted pumpkin seeds just toss them into a dry pan for a few minutes until you can start to smell them, then remove from the heat and let cool.
You can buy already cut up squash that you can microwave right in the bag from the grocery store!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fried rice recipe, fried rice, rice recipe, dinner recipe, easy dinner recipes