We love making Chicken Fried Rice for dinner! This fried rice recipe is a staple at our house, it’s crazy easy to make and everyone loves it!
If you love fried rice, you have to try some of our favorite recipes! Italian Fried Rice with sausage and cheese, or this classic Hibachi Fried Rice and even a low carb Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe! Serve them with our homemade Pork Egg Rolls for a Chinese take out dinner at home!
Ingredients For This Chicken Fried RiceWho doesn’t love fried rice? I can’t think of anyone, really. There’s so many different ways to make fried rice that you should be able to find a recipe that pleases just about anyone.
We have tons of variations of fried rice recipes right here on our website. Some we listed up top there but there’s even more. Fall Fried Rice uses nuts and different kinds of squash or Chicken Fajita Fried Rice which is always our boys favorite. We even have a BBQ Pork Fried Rice used with leftover Chinese BBQ Pork!
So all you need to do to make authentic tasting fried rice is to pick a protein, like chicken. Grab your vegetables like our standard peas and carrots that we used in this recipe and then your rice.
- Leftover Chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken
- Frozen Peas & Carrots
- Soy suce
- Sesame oil
Tips For Making The Best Fried Rice
There are a few tips for making really delicious tasting fried rice at home. One is to make the rice ahead of time and let it cool in the refrigerator. The rice will become firmer this way and the grains will separate making for a more authentic fried rice, not mushy fired rice that no one wants.
Another great tip is to grab a couple of containers of rice from your local Chinese take out place and use that instead of making your own rice. We usually make our own and let it cool but whenever we have leftover rice from getting take out, you can be we’re making fried rice the next day.
The next thing you need to do when you’re making fried rice is to use the right pan, typically a wok. If you don’t have a wok try and use a deep skillet so there’s a lot of surface area to come in contact with the food.
So, a few easy tips and you’ll be on your way to making this easy chicken fried rice recipe – or any fried rice recipe right at home!
What Can I Substitute In This Fried Rice Recipe?
Pretty much anything you’ve got in the fridge! That’s another reason why we love making fried rice, it’s so easy to dump everything into the wok and have it on the table in minutes.
Here’s some great swap out ideas!
- Rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken works great
- Ground beef or pork
- Leftover steak
- Firm tofu
- Keep the meat out for a vegetarian dinner!
- Add broccoli, cabbage or different kinds of vegetables instead of or in addition to the peas and carrots
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice instead of white rice
The list goes on, you can definitely be creative with this chicken fried rice as long as you follow the basic proportions.
Looking For Even More Fried Rice Recipes?
- Corned Beef & Cabbage Fried Rice
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
- Steak Fajita Fried Rice
- Chicken Fajita Fried Rice
This easy chicken fried rice recipe is sure to be a hit at your house for dinner!
- 2 tablespoons canola, vegetable or avocado oil – divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups cooked, cooled white or brown rice
- 3–4 tablespoons soy sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the eggs and scramble, then remove from the pan to a plate.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder, then add the other tablespoon of oil oil to the wok. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Let the chicken sit for a minute in the wok before you start stirring it around so that it sears on the outside.
- Add the rice to the wok along with the soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, peas, carrots and the scrambled eggs.
- Stir to combine and heat the ingredients, taste for seasonings and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian/American
Keywords: fried rice, fried rice recipe, chicken fried rice, easy dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, easy chicken recipes