Corned Beef and Cabbage Fried Rice is a delicious way to use up leftover corned beef! Tender pieces of corned beef with tons of veggies and perfectly fluffy rice!
We LOVE making CORNED BEEF and CABBAGE, on St. Patrick’s Day (of course) but we love corned beef so much we can’t just make it once a year!
The leftovers are amazing, perfect for another dinner or for making leftover corned beef recipes!
Transform Your Leftovers With This Fried Rice Recipe!
Who doesn’t love fried rice? I can’t think of anyone, really. There’s so many different ways to make fried rice that you should be able to find a recipe that pleases just about anyone.
We have tons of variations of fried rice recipes right here on our website. Some we listed up top there but there’s even more. Fall Fried Rice uses nuts and different kinds of squash or Chicken Fajita Fried Rice which is always the boys’ favorite.
All you need to do to make fried rice is to pick a protein, like leftover corned beef in this case. Now grab your vegetables, so instead of peas and carrots we opted for cabbage and peppers for this fried rice.
Then your rice (don’t forget to see our tips below!) and a few seasonings and you’re on your way! This fried rice recipe is really the perfect way to totally transform your leftovers from St. Patrick’s Day!
Ingredients You Need To Make This Corned Beef and Cabbage Fried Rice
We’ll also list some swap out ideas below, because fried rice is a great way to clean out the fridge! Pretty much leftover vegetable or protein can go into a fried rice recipe so use your imagination!
- Leftover Corned Beef (or you can grab corned beef from your deli counter)
- Cooked White Rice
- Leftover Cooked Cabbage (or a bag of shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix)
- Green Peppers
What Can You Substitute In This Fried Rice Recipe?
Pretty much anything you’ve got in the fridge! That’s another reason why we love making fried rice, it’s so easy to dump everything into the wok and have it on the table in minutes.
Here’s Some Swap Out Ideas!
- Corned beef from the deli if you don’t have leftovers
- Rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken works great
- Ground beef or pork
- Leftover steak
- Firm tofu
- Add broccoli, cabbage or different kinds of vegetables
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice instead of white rice
So we’re basically giving you a method for making the best fried rice at home, we are kind of fried rice experts! You can use our recipe tips to make this Corned Beef and Cabbage Fried Rice or any kind of fried rice you like!
Tips For Making The Best Fried Rice
There are a few tips for making really delicious tasting fried rice at home. One is to make the rice ahead of time and let it cool in the refrigerator.
This is a really important step because the rice will become firmer and the grains will separate, making for a more authentic fried rice. No mushy fried rice on our watch.
Another great tip for making fried rice is that you can also grab a couple of containers of rice from your local Chinese take out place!
It’s really inexpensive, for just a couple of bucks you have enough rice to make a few batches of this Corned Beef and Cabbage Fried Rice!
Also, whenever we order Chinese food there’s always leftover white rice sitting in the refrigerator the next day, so use it up and make some friend rice!
Looking For More Fried Rice Recipes?
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Hibachi Pork Fried Rice
- BBQ Pork Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Pork Fried Rice
- Steak Fajita Fried Rice
- Philly Cheesesteak Fried Rice
- Italian Fried Rice
- Fall Fried Rice
Corned Beef and Cabbage Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
Corned Beef and Cabbage Fried Rice is such a tasty leftover corned beef recipe! Big pieces of corned beef with veggies and fluffy rice!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups bell peppers, diced ( about 2 large peppers)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (leftover roasted cabbage or coleslaw mix in a bag)
- 5 cups cooked, cooled rice
- 1 pound leftover corned beef, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large skillet or wok with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through, then remove to a plate.
- Pour the oil into the wok, then add the peppers and onions, cooking until softened about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the wok and toss to combine with the peppers and onions. Cook until the cabbage has wilted about 3-4 minutes.
- Next add the cooked rice, corned beef, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, soy sauce and scrambled eggs to the wok and toss to combine.
- Season the rice with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
If using leftover cabbage instead of raw, just add it to the wok or skillet after the peppers and onions have cooked and move on to the next step.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover corned beef recipes, recipes with leftover corned beef, fried rice recipe, rice recipes, beef fried rice, easy dinner ideas