This easy chicken fried rice recipe is sure to be a hit at your house for dinner!
- 2 tablespoons canola, vegetable or avocado oil – divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups cooked, cooled white or brown rice
- 3–4 tablespoons soy sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the eggs and scramble, then remove from the pan to a plate.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder, then add the other tablespoon of oil oil to the wok. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Let the chicken sit for a minute in the wok before you start stirring it around so that it sears on the outside.
- Add the rice to the wok along with the soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions, peas, carrots and the scrambled eggs.
- Stir to combine and heat the ingredients, taste for seasonings and serve.
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian/American
Keywords: fried rice, fried rice recipe, chicken fried rice, easy dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, easy chicken recipes