This simple, delicious roast beef recipe is easy enough to make on weeknights and fancy enough to serve for holidays and Sunday dinners! Leftover roast beef is also amazing for sandwiches!
- 4 – 4 1/2 pound top round roast
- 2 tablespoons crushed or finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Olive oil
- Let the roast come to room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the roast on a roasting rack over a foil lined baking sheet.
- Rub the garlic and rosemary over the tops and sides of the roast. Generously add kosher salt and fresh black pepper to the tops and sides of the roast, then drizzle with a light coating of olive oil.
- Cook the roast beef at 450 for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and tent the roast with foil. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees, then return the roast to the oven and cook another 65-70 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 125 degrees.
- Remove the roast from the oven and place on a board. Tent the roast beef with foil and let rest for 15 minutes or until the temperature comes up to 135 for medium rare.
- Slice and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, roast beef recipe, easy recipes, holiday dinners, sunday dinners, beef recipes, low carb recipes