These Baked Chicken Meatballs are super juicy and full of flavor! Serve these chicken meatballs for dinner or for appetizers!
We are obsessed with all kinds of meatball recipes! Our most popular meatball recipe is our Grandma’s Sunday Meatballs & Sauce for all those family Sunday dinners. You can also serve meatballs for appetizers like these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs!
Baked Chicken Meatball Recipe
These chicken meatballs are both delicious and good for you. We all know that’s a big win these days…quarantine 15 ‘aint got nothing on you. Make a big batch of this meatball recipe and you’ll be set for the week!
Trying to get a ground chicken recipe to be both flavorful AND juicy isn’t always easy. You can make these meatballs with ground chicken breast (usually 98-99% fat free) or just the lean ground chicken. Using lean ground chicken will make a juicier meatball, but honestly both will work just fine.
How To Make Chicken Meatballs
Simply mix together the ingredients for the meatballs and let the mixture chill for about 30 minutes. Form into meatballs slightly larger than a golf ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. To make the meatballs all the same size, you can use a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper.
These chicken meatballs can also be made larger, just add a few more minutes to the cooking time.
Bake the meatballs for 12 minutes and then place them under the broiler for 5 minutes. The broiler will help get a nice, brown crust on the meatballs as you can see in the pictures below.
Want to skip the broiler? Just add another 5 minutes to the cooking time in the oven!
How To Serve Baked Chicken Meatballs
Like we mentioned before, you can serve these meatballs for appetizers or for dinner! Our boys like to make rice bowls with these meatballs, rice and steamed broccoli and some sort of Asian sauce like our Homemade Stir Fry Sauce recipe.
Dip these babies in marinara sauce like we have here, or try some of these options:
- Awesome Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Barbecue Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce or Spicy Brown Mustard
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Duck Sauce
Can You Freeze Meatballs?
Yes! Which makes them perfect for meal prepping. Make a big batch or two, let them cool and freeze in resealable freezer bags in a single layer. That way you can take out as many meatballs as you need at a time.
How Do You Make Chicken Meatballs Juicy and Not Dry?
There’s a little secret ingredient we have here – mayonnaise. Mayo keeps these meatballs juicy instead of dry, and also adds flavor. Instead of mayonnaise you can use olive oil, but I wouldn’t recommend leaving either out or you’ll have a drier meatball on your hands.
Diced onion also helps to add some moisture to the meatballs, it’s an extra step to take instead of adding onion powder but we think it’s totally worth it.
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
- Crock Pot Asian Meatballs
- BBQ Party Meatballs
- Easy Chicken & Broccoli Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Meatballs
These juicy chicken meatballs are a staple at our house! Super easy to make and they only need about 15 minutes in the oven. Serve these meatballs for dinner or for appetizers!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds ground chicken or ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Add the oil to a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, along with a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Set aside to let cool while you make the meatball mix.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and then let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper with non-stick cooking spray and portion out the meatballs onto a parchment lined baking sheet. You might have to respray the scooper a few times while doing this as the chicken mixture will be very wet. If using your hands, you can either wet them or spray your hands with cooking spray.
- Bake the meatballs for 12 minutes and then broil the meatballs for 5 minutes. Broiling the meatballs will give them a nice, brown exterior. If you want to skip the broiler, cook the meatballs in the oven for 15-17 minutes until cooked through.
Nutrition information is using extra lean ground chicken breast.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatball recipe, chicken meatballs, appetizer recipes, baked meatballs, healthy recipes, low fat recipes, low carb recipes, ground chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes