This is the BEST Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing you’ll ever taste! We use a secret ingredient to make our dressing stand out from the rest! When you serve this caesar salad, people are going to be asking for the recipe. It’s creamy, tangy, garlicky and only takes 5 minutes to make!
Why You’ll Love Our Creamy Caesar Dressing
Although we do buy lots of store bought products, salad dressing usually isn’t one of them. I’m telling you, we’ve gone through so many and most just aren’t good. There are, of course some exceptions to the rule, we have our standards that we always have on hand in the fridge.
- Unbeatable Flavor: Homemade dressing is usually a lot better than store bought. This salad dressing recipe is no exception. Everyone that tries it loves it, guaranteed.
- Easy To Make: All you need to do is add the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Multiple Uses: Of course we love to toss our salads with this dressing, but we also use it as a dip for vegetables, as a sandwich spread or to dunk our chicken in.
The ingredients for our creamy Caesar dressing recipe are pretty much what you’d expect, except for one ingredient that makes it better than the rest. A splash of balsamic vinegar give this dressing another level of tanginess and a depth of flavor that you can’t quite put your finger on.
I can promise you that everyone you make this dressing for is going to be asking you for the recipe!
- Mayonnaise: Regular, full fat mayo is what makes this dressing taste the best.
- Balsamic Vinegar: A tablespoon of balsamic vinegar balances out the rich, creamy feel of the dressing and adds a distinct flavor.
- Anchovy Paste: Anchovy paste can usually be found by the olive oils and vinegars at the grocery store. It comes in a tube like you see below and lasts a really long time in the refrigerator.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese: Use a good quality parmesan cheese, one that’s flavorful and nutty. Preferable not packaged in a can.
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Adds acidity and flavor, also balances out the creaminess.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic works best.
- Milk: A couple of tablespoons of milk to thin out the dressing, or you can use more lemon juice if you like a more lemony flavor.
How To Make Creamy Caesar Dressing
It couldn’t be easier to make this homemade salad dressing. Which is another reason why you should make it from scratch. All you have to do is add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
Taste the dressing to see if the flavors are to your liking before drizzling it over your salad. You might want more lemon juice, you might want more garlic…it’s totally up to you. We often add more fresh black pepper, and then more fresh black pepper.
Tips For Success
A few simple ingredients is all you need to make this dressing, with one ingredient that we think kicks up the flavor. Whenever you’re making a recipe like a homemade Caesar dressing that only has a few ingredients, you have to make sure all your ingredients are good quality.
So don’t buy that can of parmesan cheese for this recipe, get the good stuff in your produce department. Or better yet, grab a block of good parmesan cheese in the cheese section and grate it yourself.
Also don’t forget to taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. Tasting the dressing before you toss the salad allows you to adjust the seasonings if needed. We often like a more lemony flavor so we usually squeeze more lemon juice in at the end.
How Long Does Homemade Dressing Last In The Refrigerator?
As far as a mayonnaise-based salad dressing like this one goes, we keep it in our refrigerator for up to a week. As long as you’re using fresh ingredients, nothing that we’re using to make this Caesar dressing will go bad in 7 days.
You might have to quickly whisk the dressing back together again if there’s a thin layer of liquid on top, but that’s about all. It’s ready to serve in all your favorite ways.
Others Ways To Use Caesar Dressing
Not only does this dressing make an unbelievable Caesar Salad, it’s also delicious used in so many different ways. Slather it on a sandwich or wrap, use it in a pasta salad or as a dip for veggies!
We use this dressing in recipes like our Chicken Caesar Salad Bruschetta which is so tasty for appetizers or even a light lunch. It’s also delicious used as a dip for chicken wings, especially our Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings or these Crispy Baked Chicken Wings.
What Dinner Recipes Go With Caesar Salad?
- Dan’s Famous Whiskey Steak
- Our Favorite Meatloaf
- Classic Lasagna Recipe
- Beef Stuffed Shells
- Ultimate Chicken Marsala
The BEST Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing ever. A secret ingredient makes our dressing stand out from the rest, you’ll never need another recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons of lemon juice (we recommend that you start with one and then add more after tasting)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1–2 teaspoons anchovy paste (we use 2)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 –1 teaspoon kosher salt (we use 1 teaspoon)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Store in a covered container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Store: Store the dressing in an air tight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Whisk again before using.
- Category: Marinades & Sauces
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American