Cheeseburger Salad with Creamy Pickle Dressing is what I make when it’s salad time…this homemade dressing is so good you’ll be using it on everything!
Love a good homemade salad? We do too. Our Homemade Caesar Salad is a side dish that we make ALL the time, whether its for a side dish or a main meal by adding chicken or steak. Having a hard time getting the kids to eat salad? Try these fun Antipasto Salad Kabobs and they’ll be asking for salad every night!
A Family Dinner Recipe That Everyone Will Love!
Sometimes when you stumble on an idea you just know it’s going to be a good one.
This Cheeseburger Salad with Creamy Pickle Dressing is going to blow your mind. Even if you aren’t a salad person – and I can say that I’m really not – you’re going to love this chopped salad recipe.
We took a short cut to making this cheeseburger salad by using store bought, frozen meatballs. Find a brand you like and grab a bag or two for this salad.
The best part about this salad though has got to be the homemade creamy pickle dressing. Pickle dressing you ask? Yep. Imagine the best tasting, Creamy Italian Dressing recipe with a tang from dill pickles.
How To Make Cheeseburger Salad with Creamy Pickle Dressing
You can grab some shredded cheese, or grate your own…pepper jack would be great in this salad too but we stuck with cheddar this time. Then it’s all the cheeseburger toppings you love – red onions, tomatoes and of course, sesame seed croutons.
The croutons are a big part of what makes this Cheeseburger Chopped Salad with Creamy Pickle Dressing so good. So don’t skip this part. Just get some sesame seed hamburger buns, cut the tops into cubes and toast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Then the dressing. This dressing is so creamy and bursting with pickle flavor you’re going to be using it for more than just this salad. Dip your carrots and celery in it, use it as a spread on a sandwich or layer it on a taco instead of sour cream.
We did that, actually. And I can tell you right now that we’ll be doing it again.
Once you have the dressing made you can put the salad together. Crisp romaine goes in first, then just throw everything else in the bowl. Toss it with the pickle dressing – lots of the pickle dressing – and serve.
One of the most fun ways to eat a cheeseburger ever if you ask me. If I’m going to be eating a salad for dinner it had better be as tasty as this one is.
After you make this cheeseburger salad recipe you’re family will be asking for salad every night!
Looking For More Salad Recipes?
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- Pecan Chicken Salad
- Balsamic Panzanella Salad
This fun and delicious chopped salad uses store bought, frozen meatballs along with a homemade, creamy pickle dressing to make it taste just like your favorite cheeseburger!
- 4 romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in fourths
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 seeded buns (tops only)
- 1 package frozen meatballs (28 count)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the meatballs according to the package directions and keep warm until ready to use.
- To make the croutons, heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bun tops into strips and then into cubes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until browned. Remove from the oven and cool until ready to use.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Assemble the salad by placing the chopped romaine in a large salad bowl then top with the cheese, tomatoes, onions and croutons.
- Add the meatballs in last then toss with desired amount of the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chopped salad recipe, salad recipe, cheeseburger salad, pickle dressing, homemade dressing, family dinner ideas, kid approved recipes, store bought meatballs