This Cheeseburger Salad is a fun and tasty salad that has all the flavors of a cheeseburger! Super fun for serving at parties, barbecues and game days!
Love a good homemade salad? We do too. Our Homemade Caesar Salad is a side dish that we make ALL the time, whether its for a side dish or a main meal by adding chicken or steak. Having a hard time getting the kids to eat salad? Try these fun Antipasto Salad Kabobs and they’ll be asking for salad every night!
Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
This Cheeseburger Salad with creamy pickle dressing is going to blow your mind. Even if you aren’t a salad person, and I can say that I’m really not, you’re going to love this chopped salad recipe.
We took a short cut to making this cheeseburger salad by using store bought, frozen meatballs. Find a brand you like and grab a bag or two for this salad.
The best part about this salad though has got to be the homemade creamy pickle dressing. Pickle dressing you ask? Yep. Imagine the best tasting, Creamy Italian Dressing recipe with a tangy flavor from dill pickles.
How To Make A Cheeseburger Salad Recipe
Like any good cheeseburger, this salad, too is all about the toppings. Of course you can switch them up to your liking but we’ve got our favorites in this salad recipe.
The croutons are a big part of what makes this Cheeseburger Salad so good. So don’t skip this part. Just get some sesame seed hamburger buns, cut the tops into cubes and toast them in the oven for 15 minutes.
Make the creamy pickle dressing: This dressing is so creamy and bursting with pickle flavor you’re going to be using it for more than just this salad. Dip your carrots and celery in it, use it as a spread on a sandwich or layer it on a taco instead of sour cream.
- Pickle juice
- Kosher salt, pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Sweet pickle relish
- Garlic powder
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
How To Assemble A Cheeseburger Salad
Once you have the dressing made you can put the salad together. The meatballs can be added to the salad warm, cool or room temperature. We like them to be slightly warm, giving us that delicious contrast between warm meatballs and crisp veggies and lettuce.
All that’s left to do is toss the salad together with the dressing and serve. One of the most fun salad recipes ever! This salad is super fun for serving at BBQ’s, holidays or game days.
What Else Can I Use Besides Frozen Meatballs?
Buying frozen meatballs from the grocery store makes getting this salad together really easy. Of course you can use homemade meatballs, like our baked chicken meatballs that only take about 15 minutes to make.
Looking For More Salad Recipes?
- Arugula Salad with Creamy Maple Dressing
- Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- Pecan Chicken Salad
- Balsamic Panzanella Salad
This fun and delicious Cheeseburger Salad uses store bought, frozen meatballs along with a homemade, creamy pickle dressing to make it taste just like your favorite cheeseburger!
- 1 package frozen meatballs (28 count)
- 4 seeded hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in fourths
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Cook the meatballs according to the package directions and keep warm until ready to use.
- To make the croutons, heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the buns into strips and then into cubes and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until browned. Remove from the oven and cool until ready to use.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Assemble the salad by placing the chopped romaine in a large salad bowl then top with the cheese, tomatoes, onions and croutons.
- Add the meatballs in last and then toss with desired amount of the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chopped salad recipe, salad recipe, cheeseburger salad, pickle dressing, homemade dressing, family dinner ideas, kid approved recipes, store bought meatballs