This Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing with your dinner or for dinner! This salad has a deliciously tangy, warm dressing that’s made in a skillet!
This Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing is just the right side dish to go with your dinner or to enjoy as the main course!
Pot pies are usually a special occasion dinner for us. It’s a long process to get a good homemade pot pie on the table.
Starting with making a pastry crust, roasting the chicken, making the filling and then baking for an hour or so…
Coming up with a side dish to serve was pretty easy, we always make a big salad. Salad is not high on my list of comfort foods – not like a pot pie with a golden flakey crust…nope. I’ll take one scoop of salad and the rest of my plate is the pot pie.
But this Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing is different. It’s a salad that IS comfort food! Bacon, chopped eggs, mushrooms and fresh spinach with a warm bacon dressing made right in your cast iron skillet.
And did I mention that there’s bacon drippings in the dressing? No need for olive oil, just use some of that bacon grease left from cooking up your bacon. I didn’t say this was a diet salad, I said a comfort food salad.
That’s a salad I can get into.
You’re just going to get a few of the salad toppings together first…
For the dressing, add some sugar, dijon mustard, and a little salt and pepper into the skillet you cooked the bacon in and start whisking. Then get ready, because once you add in the vinegar you’ll get a whole bunch of smoke and bubbles…just keep whisking.
That’s it. Dressing done.
Pour over your spinach salad and toss it all together.
If I’m going to be eating a salad with my dinner, this Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing is up there on the list!
This spinach salad has the most delicious warm dressing made right in a skillet!
- 10 oz. bag of pre-washed baby spinach
- 16 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 T. reserved bacon grease
- pinch of salt
- 2 t. sugar
- 3 T. champagne vinegar
- 2 t. dijon mustard
- 4–5 grinds of fresh black pepper
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Drain the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once the bacon has cooled, chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Reserve the bacon drippings from the skillet in a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 T. of bacon drippings back to the skillet and add in the sliced mushrooms.
- Season with 1/4 t. salt and 1/4 t. black pepper and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add in the sliced red onion with another tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Cook until softened, about 5 minutes, then remove to a bowl.
- Add the bacon, mushrooms, red onion and chopped eggs to the bowl with the spinach.
- Now for the dressing, heat up the skillet over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Next add in the sugar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Carefully add in the vinegar, whisking until the dressing is thick.
- Shut off the heat and let the dressing sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach salad and toss well.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spinach salad, spinach salad with bacon, bacon dressing
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.