This spinach salad has the most delicious warm dressing made right in a skillet!
- 10 oz. bag of pre-washed baby spinach
- 16 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
For the Dressing
- 3 T. reserved bacon grease
- pinch of salt
- 2 t. sugar
- 3 T. champagne vinegar
- 2 t. dijon mustard
- 4–5 grinds of fresh black pepper
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Drain the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once the bacon has cooled, chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Reserve the bacon drippings from the skillet in a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 T. of bacon drippings back to the skillet and add in the sliced mushrooms.
- Season with 1/4 t. salt and 1/4 t. black pepper and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add in the sliced red onion with another tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Cook until softened, about 5 minutes, then remove to a bowl.
- Add the bacon, mushrooms, red onion and chopped eggs to the bowl with the spinach.
- Now for the dressing, heat up the skillet over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Next add in the sugar, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Carefully add in the vinegar, whisking until the dressing is thick.
- Shut off the heat and let the dressing sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach salad and toss well.
- Serving Size: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spinach salad, spinach salad with bacon, bacon dressing