This fun and delicious chopped salad uses store bought, frozen meatballs along with a homemade, creamy pickle dressing to make it taste just like your favorite cheeseburger!
- 4 romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in fourths
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 seeded buns (tops only)
- 1 package frozen meatballs (28 count)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the meatballs according to the package directions and keep warm until ready to use.
- To make the croutons, heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bun tops into strips and then into cubes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until browned. Remove from the oven and cool until ready to use.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Assemble the salad by placing the chopped romaine in a large salad bowl then top with the cheese, tomatoes, onions and croutons.
- Add the meatballs in last then toss with desired amount of the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chopped salad recipe, salad recipe, cheeseburger salad, pickle dressing, homemade dressing, family dinner ideas, kid approved recipes, store bought meatballs