Bursting with fall flavors, this hearty arugula salad is tossed in the most scrumptious creamy maple dressing. Real maple syrup is blended with stone ground mustard and apple cider vinegar with just a touch of mayonnaise to bring it all together!
A Hearty, Fall Inspired Arugula Salad
We enjoy salads all year long, which is why we love this Arugula Salad with Creamy Maple Dressing when we’re transitioning to Fall!
As you might imagine, the creamy maple dressing is a tad on the sweet side, but not too much so. Combined with peppery arugula greens and crunchy walnuts gives it the perfect balance of flavor. A craveable, crisp salad that’s hearty enough for the main course, but still works as a side to dinner.
What Is Arugula?
Most of us know of arugula as a salad green but it’s actually a member of the brassica family, right there with vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. Also known as rocket or rucloa in Europe, arugula is native to the Mediterranean which is why it’s often present in Italian and Greek cuisine.
Arugula can be found all year long in most grocery stores, but it’s technically in season in spring and fall.
Ingredients For The Creamy Maple Dressing
Of course, we’re going to have to stress that only real maple syrup will do for this dressing recipe. If you’ve never gotten real maple syrup at the store or your local farm stand, now is the time!
- Real maple syrup: Real maple syrup is less “sweet” in flavor than commercial syrup. Also of course, it’s real, without any added high fructose corn syrup and ingredients of that nature.
- Stone Ground Mustard: Dijon is also a good substitute.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mayonnaise: Full fat works best
- Greek Yogurt
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin is best for making salad dressing
How Long Does Homemade Dressing Last In The Refrigerator?
Homemade salad dressing will last about 4 – 5 days, in a covered container in the refrigerator. Give the dressing a quick shake to emulsify it if it separates at all and you’ll be good to go.
Making a double batch of this dressing is a great idea for meal prepping! This creamy maple dressing will work well with many different types of salads, like this Escarole Bistro Salad, for instance.
Mason jars like you see below work perfectly, but any tight, covered container or salad cruet will work just fine!
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To This Arugula Salad Recipe?
You can add pretty much whatever vegetable you like, including other salad greens like fresh spinach, buttery Boston Bibb lettuce or chopped Romaine. To add a little more depth to this salad, add hearty grains like couscous, nutty farro and even wild or brown rice.
Of course you can add more protein as well by adding some delicious marinated chicken or a few slices of grilled steak. To keep this arugula salad with feta vegetarian, add firm tofu and/or white beans to the bowl instead of chicken or steak!
How About A Few More Salad Recipes To Try?
- Creamy Casear Salad
- Cheeseburger Salad with Creamy Pickle Dressing
- Antipasto Salad Kabobs
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
Arugula Salad With Creamy Maple Dressing
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
This hearty Arugula Salad with Creamy Maple Dressing gives us all the fall vibes! Sweet beets combined with peppery arugula and walnuts are a perfect match with creamy feta cheese and a homemade maple dressing!
For The Creamy Maple Dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
For The Arugula Salad:
- 5 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounce package cooked beets, drained and chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- Add the ingredients for the salad dressing to a small blender and blend until the dressing is creamy and emulsified.
- To a bowl, add the arugula, feta cheese, beets, walnuts and tomatoes. Pour on the desired amount of Creamy Maple Dressing and toss until the salad ingredients are all coated in the dressing. Serve immediately.
The salad dressing will keep in a covered container, salad cruet or mason jar for 4 to 5 days. Shake or blend again before using to emulsify the dressing if it separates.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, arugula salad recipe, salad recipe, maple dressing recipe, healthy recipes
The creamy maple dressing is unbelievable!!! My new go to, favorite dressing recipe, I put it on everything! Thanks for the recipe!