This tangy, creamy and crunchy Mexican Street Corn Salad is always a party! Grilled corn and tons of veggies tossed with a creamy, flavorful dressing, topped with crumbled Cotija cheese!
This corn salad is the perfect addition to most any meal! Try it with our Fiesta Steak Tips or juicy, marinated Grilled Chicken!
Crunchy, Sweet, Tangy Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is one of my favorite ways to eat sweet summer corn on the cob. Usually, as a side dish to dinner, we Oven Roast our corn on the cob or when the weather is nice, we make Grilled Corn on the Cob.
When we have extra grilled corn we bust out this corn salad and the crowd goes wild. It’s perfect for parties and BBQ’s, or as a take along dish to a potluck.
This corn salad can be completely made ahead of time, and even gets better as it sits in the fridge!
Ingredients For Mexican Street Corn Salad
We’ll start with the basic ingredients here, but you can always add or adjust the vegetables to your liking!
For The Salad Base:
- Grilled Corn: You can make this salad with regular, boiled or roasted corn, but the grilled flavor really makes this corn salad extra delicious.
- Bell Pepper: Any color will do, or a mix of colors will work.
- Jalapeño Pepper: Jalapeños are mildly spicy, so add as much or as little as you like for the heat. We like one medium pepper for this salad.
- Red Onion: Red onions are a little spicier then yellow or white, which makes it the perfect onion for this salad. However, if you only have white or yellow on hand those will both work fine as well.
- Cotija Cheese: A mild cow’s milk cheese.
For The Dressing
- Mayonnaise: Full fat is preferred, your favorite brand will do.
- Sour Cream: Again, we like using regular instead of low fat or fat free for the best flavor.
- Fresh Lime Juice: Fresh is best!
- Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper, Cumin, Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder OR Trader Joe’s Everything But The Elote Seasoning: If you have a Trader Joe’s by you, definitely grab this seasoning. We use it on everything including this Mexican Street Corn Salad!
Can You Make This Salad Recipe Ahead Of Time?
This salad gets even better as it sits! You can even make it a day ahead of time if you need to. Like if freshly tossed?
Just prep all your veggies and get them into a bowl. Make the dressing and keep it in a separate container. Toss 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors blend together!
What Main Courses Go With This Salad?
This corn salad is so delicious, it can honestly be eaten all on its own! But it also pairs wonderfully with many main course recipes. Head over to our Dinner Ideas menu for more ideas, but we’ll list a few good ones here:
- Chicken on the Grill
- Teriyaki Steak
- Garlic Parmesan Steak Bites
- Crispy Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken
Can I Substitute Another Kind Of Cheese?
Definitely! Cotija is a classic Mexican cheese, with a mild flavor that is a wonderful addition to this salad. But if you need to swap out another kind, parmesan cheese or feta cheese would be good choices.
This party worthy corn and vegetable salad is absolutely one of our favorites. BONUS: can adjust the recipe here for all seasons!
No corn on the cob? Grab a frozen bag of corn, let it defrost and pat the water dry. Add the corn to a hot skillet with a drizzle of oil and cook it for a few minutes so that it gets a nice char, then add it to the salad bowl.
OR if you have made some delicious, Mexican Street Corn and happen to have leftovers? Cut the kernels and all the toppings off the cob and get it right into the bowl!
Looking For More Party-Worthy Side Dishes?
- Mini Roasted Peppers
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Salad (No Mayo!)
- Classic Potato Salad
- Creamy Coleslaw
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
Make this festive Mexican Street Corn Salad for your next party! Tons of veggies and fresh grilled corn tossed with the most creamy, delicious dressing. Make in advance and toss right before serving!
- 6 ears of grilled corn, corn removed from the cob (about 4 cups, see note*)
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro (plus more for garnish)
For The Dressing:
- 1/2 cup regular mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder or Trader Joe’s Everything But The Elote Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Add the corn, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, onion, cotija cheese and cilantro to a large bowl and toss together to combine.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl and then pour over the vegetables.
- Mix to combine the dressing with the vegetables, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to a day before serving. Toss again before serving.
This salad will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator, covered.
If corn on the cob isn’t an option, you can substitute frozen corn, defrosted. PRO TIP: Add frozen, defrosted corn to a hot skillet with a drizzle of oil to slightly char the kernels before adding to the salad.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex
Keywords: mantitlement, corn recipes, mexican street corn, salad recipes, vegetable recipes, corn on the cob, grilled corn on the cob, potluck dishes