These Pecan Chicken Salad Apple Slices are a delicious way to serve appetizers to a low carb crowd! Thin slices of apple topped with a tangy chicken salad!
Prefer bread with your chicken salad? Try this Caesar Chicken Salad Bruschetta. It’s delicious!
This Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe Is Perfect For Low Carb Snack
Even if you’re not cutting back on bread, you’re still going to love this easy low carb recipe. There’s plenty of recipes that I’ve seen that include apples IN the chicken salad, so why not use it in place of a slice of bread for appetizers, snacks or even a light meal.
Because most people love chicken salad, for one. The other reason is that, everyone seems to be on some sort of low carb something these days, am I right?
Also…these Pecan Chicken Salad Apple Slices are an easy appetizer or easy snack recipe and they are rockstar good.
This Chicken Salad Recipe Can Be Customized To Have Even Less Carbs
We’ve been trying to get a few more low carb dinner recipes in our routine…it’s pretty easy to do if you do it right. You can even get some pretty epic low carb appetizers going if you’re really craving something over the top.
But I guess like being on any type of diet you eventually crave what you’re not supposed to have. Like a piece of bread. I promise with these Pecan Chicken Salad Apple Slices, you’re not going to miss it.
Ok, hold the comments, this recipe isn’t crazy low carb, there are raisins in it and the apple slice has a few carbs, but it’s still a lot less carbs than eating a sandwich. AND if you want to change up the ingredients to make this have even less carbs, you can do that very easily.
How To Make Pecan Chicken Salad Apple Slices
What you do have to do is get your apple slices cut pretty thin using a mandoline slicer or a really sharp knife. You want them thick enough to hold the tasty chicken salad but thin enough to bite through easily and not get all messy on you.
I didn’t actually measure the thickness of the apples I sliced but if you look at the photos for reference you’ll get a good idea.
This is also a great recipe for an easy lunch on the go – no need to worry about the bread getting soggy! Just pack up this delicious chicken salad and apples slices separately and assemble as you eat!
Looking For More Low Carb Recipes?
- 30 Incredible Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Enchiladas
- Naked Sheet Pan Tacos
- Italian Deli Roll Ups
- Chicken Pot Pie Spaghetti Squash Casserole
If you’re looking for an easy, tasty low carb snack this is it! These Pecan Chicken Salad Apple Slices swap out bread for granny smith apple slices!
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced pecans, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3–4 granny smith apples sliced thin on a mandoline or carefully cut with a knife (for serving the chicken salad on)
- Mix the ingredients together for the chicken salad in a bowl and set aside.
- Place a mound of chicken salad on top of each apple slice. This will depend on the size of your apples so you can really add as much or as little as you like.
- Garnish with more chopped pecans and parsley.
The chicken salad can be made and eaten right away, but if you have time to let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours the flavors will come together better! If you do have time and can let it sit, just stir in the chopped pecans right before serving.
- Category: chicken
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: american