Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings are the crispiest oven baked wings ever! Dip these wings in marinara sauce for appetizers or dinner!
Baked chicken wings are so easy to make at home! And who doesn’t love wings with parmesan cheese? Be sure to check out our crispy baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings too!
One Of My Favorite Baked Chicken Wings Recipes
These Chicken Parmesan Chicken Wings are going to steal chicken wing competition, hands down. First of all, these chicken wings are baked, not fried and they come out so amazingly crispy you won’t believe they came out oft he oven.
So we’ve already got a winner, winner chicken dinner recipe right here.
Another reason these baked chicken wings are going to be the hit of the dinner table is the flavor. The breadcrumb coating on these chicken wings is the same as the coating we use on chicken parmesan, 50/50 ratio of bread crumbs to parmesan cheese.
How Do You Make Baked Chicken Wings?
All you need to do to get these wings ready for the oven is to season them first with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Much like the seasonings you’d add to your chicken parmesan recipe…
Next get two bowls, one with egg wash and the other with your bread crumb and parmesan cheese mixture. This is called a breading station, and we’ve got some tips for you to make this go really easy!
An Easy Chicken Breading Tip
Keep one hand as your “wet” hand and one hand as your “dry” hand so you don’t end up with bread crumb coated fingers. For some strange reason this really takes a lot of concentration for me, I usually end up messing it up at some point, but it does help with the process!
Now get these wings in the oven to bake at 425 degrees. The hot oven is what makes these wings super crispy just like they came out of a deep fryer.
Except they didn’t.
How Do You Get Crispy Chicken Wings In The Oven?
It’s a piece of cake. Or a piece of chicken, whatever you want to call it.
First tip is like I mentioned before, you need to have a really hot oven. Make sure before you jack your oven up to 425 degrees that it’s pretty clean or else you’re going to have some smoke in your kitchen to deal with.
These Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings cook most of the way through in a 425 degree oven but then for the last 10 minutes you’re going to crank that oven up to 450.
Next you need a wire rack to place on top of your baking sheet so that the air circulates under the wings while they are cooking.
All that’s left to do is heat up some of your favorite marinara sauce for dipping and call the troops to the table.
You can serve these Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings as appetizers at a party or just a fun, family dinner like we did here. Who can resist a hand held, bite sized chicken parmesan recipe???
Looking For More Easy Chicken Wing Recipes?
- Nacho Chicken Wings
- Asian Glazed Chicken Wings
- Salt & Vinegar Wings
- Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings
- Fried Whiskey Chicken Wings
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wings (Slow Cooker Wings Recipe!)
This easy, baked chicken wings are one of our favorite chicken wing recipes! Dip these crispy wings in marinara sauce for appetizers or dinner!
- 4 pounds chicken wings, separated and wing tips discarded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten with a tablespoon water
- 1 cup plain or Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (plus 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken wings with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon of water to make an egg wash. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and the nutmeg.
- Dip each chicken wing into the egg wash, letting the excess egg drip off, then into the bread crumb bowl coating the wings on all sides.
- Add the chicken wings in a single layer to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the tops of the wings with the cooking spray and then bake the wings for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and turn the heat up to 450 degrees.
- Once the oven comes up to temperature, add the remaining parmesan cheese to the tops of the chicken wings and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, crispy chicken wing recipe, chicken parmesan recipe, appetizer recipes, how to bake chicken wings, best chicken wing recipe