These Marsala Chicken Wings are crispy, oven baked chicken wings with a sweet marsala wine flavor! Serve these wings for appetizers or dinner!
We love our Creamy Chicken Marsala Recipe so much, we wanted to duplicate those same flavors in other recipes like these wings! If you love marsala as much as we do, also check out our Chicken Marsala Fettuccine Alfredo or our Chicken Marsala Macaroni & Cheese!
The Best Chicken Wing Appetizer For Your Next Party
These chicken wings are going to be a huge hit, no matter how or when you serve them! Perfect for appetizers on game day or at any party, also just as good served for dinner with a side of fries.
Chicken Marsala is my go to meal when we go out to eat. When I’m just not sure what to order I just get Chicken Marsala, sometimes it’s as delicious as I want it to be and sometimes it doesn’t live up to our homemade chicken marsala recipe.
Because chicken marsala is one of my favorite dinner recipes, I was trying to think of some different ways to incorporate those same flavors into other recipes. Like these Baked Marsala Chicken Wings.
These wings are baked – not fried – and you’re not going to believe how crispy you can make these wings right in your oven!
Tips For Super Crispy, Baked Chicken Wings
There are a couple of tricks to getting chicken wings really delicious and crispy in the oven. One is to make sure that your oven is good and hot, we’re talking about 475 degrees for this recipe. Don’t be afraid to crank your oven up that high, just make sure you don’t have any big spills in your oven that will smoke up on you.
Another tip to getting making sure your wings bake up crispy is to get them really dry before putting them in the oven. So for this recipe, after the chicken wings come out of the marinade you’re going to want to dry them really well with paper towels before roasting them in the oven.
What Can I Serve These Chicken Wings With?
If you’re serving these wings for appetizers, just grab some Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping and maybe some carrot sticks and you’ll be all set. But if you want to serve this easy chicken recipe for dinner then here are a few suggestions!
- Homemade Shoestring French Fries
- Stick of Butter Smashed Potatoes
- Homemade Caesar Salad
- Classic Potato Salad
- Oven Roasted BBQ Potato Salad
- Loaded Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
Looking For More Chicken Wing Recipes?
- Crispy Baked Chicken Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings
- Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings
- Nacho Chicken Wings
- Asian Glazed Chicken Wings
Most of these chicken wings recipes are baked, not fried, but you can follow the same tips here in this post to bake almost any chicken wing recipe!Print
Marsala Chicken Wings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
These Marsala Chicken Wings are marinated in sweet marsala wine, then oven baked until crispy!
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- Salt, ground black pepper garlic powder for seasoning the wings
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Olive oil spray (can use regular olive oil drizzled lightly)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the marsala wine, soy sauce and sesame oil together and pour over the chicken wings, tossing to coat. Marinate for 6-12 hours, the longer you marinate the chicken wings the stronger the flavor will be.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and discard the marinade. Dry the wings off with paper towels then generously season the chicken wings with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle lightly with oil and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking time, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, easy chicken wings, how to make chicken wings, chicken marsala recipe, chicken wing recipe, appetizer recipe
Did you use dry or sweet marsala? Thank you.