These baked Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings have a sticky, sweet sauce that coats every bite of chicken with the most mouthwatering flavor!Love chicken wings? We’ve got lots of recipes to share, but be sure to check out our Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings too, you’re going to LOVE them!
A SUPER Delicious, Baked Chicken Wing Recipe
These Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings come out of the oven fall off the bone tender! When I say these wings are addicting, I mean ADDICTING.
Our kids can’t get enough of them and we can’t either. The hoisin sauce that coats these wings is so flavorful, you’ll think these wings came from a restaurant!
You do have to marinate these wings before cooking, and I like to marinate them overnight if possible. But if you get them in the marinade first thing in the morning they should be good to go by dinner time.
The marinade for these chicken wings is made from hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, rice wine and sriracha. Just a teaspoon of sriracha for some background heat, not too much to make them super spicy.
So half of the marinade is going to flavor the chicken wings before cooking and half is going to become the sauce to baste the wings with while they are in the oven.
For the best cooking results, place the chicken wings on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
When the wings are almost cooked through, they get basted with the marinade that’s been heated up and thickened with cornstarch. Yep, you can use the marinade that the chicken was in, it just has to be brought to a boil for at least 5 minutes.
Can You Make These Chicken Wings Ahead Of Time?
Well, no one in my house is going to refuse a leftover chicken wing, I can tell you that.
But these Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings are best when they are first made so if you’re making them for company you will want to do that. What you can do though is marinate the wings and bake them, then let them cool.
Right before dinner or appetizers are needed, pop the wings back into the over to warm them back up and baste with the sauce.
We like to top these wings with sesame seeds and chopped chives or scallions and serve with any extra sauce on the side for dipping, or you can use Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing!
OR eat them straight up like I do. Just the delicious, tender, sticky chicken wings for me. No sauce on the side needed.
Looking For More Chicken Wing Recipes?
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- sesame seeds and chives for garnish
For the Sauce/Marinade
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl (except the cornstarch mixture) then use 1 cup of the sauce to marinate the chicken wings in a large bowl or resealable bag for 8 hours or overnight.
- Reserve the extra sauce for basting the wings while cooking.
- Remove the wings from the marinade (discarding the marinade) and place on a wire rack over baking sheet covered in foil.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- While the wings are baking pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Thicken the sauce with the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil again. Once the sauce is thickened you can remove the pan from the heat and cover until the wings are done.
- Take the wings out of the oven and baste with a thick layer of the sauce.
- Place the wings back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and sesame seeds and serve any extra sauce on the side for dipping.