Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings are my favorite wing flavor! This crispy, fried chicken wing recipe is so easy to make at home!
If you can’t get enough chicken wing recipes, be sure and check out our popular GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS!
A Crazy Addicting Chicken Wing Recipe
There’s no telling how many of these Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings I could put down. And that’s not even including my boys, so let’s just say – A LOT.
These chicken wings are so addicting, they’re worse than potato chips. You really can’t stop at 1. Dozen. when we make these chicken wings we buy a lot of chicken, like two of those big family packs of chicken wings.
Because whether you’re making these for a party or just for dinner, you want to make sure you have enough to go around.
Can You Bake These Chicken Wings?
There is something to be said about a fried chicken wing. Am I Right? That’s the kind of chicken wing that you’re going to get when you go out or order from a restaurant – fried. That’s why they tastes so damn delicious.
Don’t be afraid to deep fry at home, there’s just a few tips you need to follow to be safe and effective!
Tips For Frying Chicken Wings:
- Only fill your pot halfway with oil, or even slightly less than half so the oil won’t boil over when you add the chicken wings
- Get a fry thermometer to make sure the oil is at the right temperature for frying. Too hot will burn the outside before the inside is cooked and too low will result in soggy, not crispy skin
- After the chicken wings are cooked remove them to a paper towel lined plate of baking sheet in a single layer so they drain properly and don’t get soggy
- Season the chicken wings with salt (or whatever seasoning you’re using) immediately after they come out of the oil so the salt sticks to the chicken
OR you can bake these chicken wings too if you really don’t want to fry them. If you bake these wings you need to cook them in a pretty high temperature oven, about 450 degrees to make sure they get as crispy as they can.
Make sure before turning your oven on this high that you don’t have any giant spills or messes in your oven because it will smoke up on you!
Looking For More Chicken Wing Recipes?Print
These super addicting chicken wings are easily fried at home, or you can bake them in the oven if you prefer to!
- 1 (48 oz. package) chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Malt vinegar
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Fill a large pot filled halfway with vegetable oil over medium heat and heat until a thermometer reaches 375 degrees.
- While the oil is heating up, toss the wings in the salt, garlic powder, paprika and sugar.
- Fry the wings in batches to not overcrowd the pot and cook for 10-12 minutes until crispy and brown and cooked through.
- Place the wings on a plate lined with paper towels and season them immediately with more salt and pepper. Add the malt vinegar to the wings, just a drizzle over the wings, not too much so they are wet with vinegar.
- Repeat cooking and seasoning the wings until all are cooked.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping.
Alternately, you can bake the wings in a 450 degree oven for 30 minutes until crispy. Spray the tops of the wings with cooking oil or baking spray before baking. For extra crispiness, you can broil the wings for 2-3 minutes after baking.
You can also use rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar to flavor the wings.
Keywords: chicken wing recipes, chicken wings, salt and vinegar wings, appetizer recipes, dinner ideas, easy chicken recipes, chicken recipes