These Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect for appetizers or dinner! Full of garlic & parmesan flavor, these wings are totally addicting!
How To Make Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings!
Yes, this is a baked chicken wing recipe. They aren’t fried.
But you’d never know it. These chicken wings are so super crispy and fall off the bone tender, you’ll wonder why you ever fried chicken wings before this.
One of the tips for making crispy oven baked chicken wings is making sure you dry the chicken wings completely with paper towels. Because any moisture on the chicken is going to prevent the skin from crisping up to it’s full potential.
Another tip is getting the oven good and hot. People seem to be afraid to crank their oven up past 425 degrees, but that’s what it’s meant to do. As a result, you’ll get super crispy baked chicken wings without having to deep fry.
Season the chicken wings simply with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place them on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet so they crispy up on the bottom too.
While the wings are baking you can get the ingredients together for the garlic parmesan sauce. The garlic parmesan sauce is mostly made up of butter, mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
So there’s a little bit of fat going on here, guys, don’t be afraid, because chicken wings aren’t typically a low fat food. But they ARE a low carb food, so if you’re on a low carb diet you’re going to be in heaven right about now.
These chicken wings only have about 1.5 carbs per wing, so eat up my friends.
Can You Make Baked Chicken Wings Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can. But it’s going to have to be in a couple of steps. These baked chicken wings are really best served right away, but if you are trying to save a little time here’s what you need to do…
Bake the chicken wings and let them cool. Store the wings in your refrigerator, uncovered, until you are ready to go. Then mix up the sauce ingredients and toss the wings and bake.
You might loose just a bit of the crispiness this way, but not too much to make a difference.
Any time you put down a chicken wing recipe like this in front of someone, it seems like a party doesn’t it? Chicken wings are fun food, finger food, party food.
We make these crispy baked chicken wings ALL the time for any kind of party or just when the family is coming over but we get huge high fives when we whip these wings up for dinner, too.
What Kind Of Dipping Sauce Can You Use For These Wings?
These babies are so good all on their own, I promise you! But you can also dip away…
Most of the time when you go out for wings though they serve any kind of wings with ranch or blue cheese dressing. So both of those options are fine here, too.
Another option that we like to serve with these garlic parmesan chicken wings is a creamy caesar dressing. The parmesan and garlic flavors in caesar dressing go really well with these wings so give it a try!
How Much Sauce Do You Put On Baked Chicken Wings?
First of all, we have to talk about here is how you like your garlic parmesan wings.
If you like them like how they serve them at Buffalo Wild Wings, super saucy, then you’re going to bake these wings, toss them in the sauce and serve. OR If you like them a less saucy, with more of the sauce baked on then you need to bake them, toss them in the sauce, and then bake them again.
That’s how we like them – baked again and super crispy – but it’s totally up to you. I can assure you that both ways are equally delicious, it’s all about your preference.
Now just add some more parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish and get them on a plate. Whether you’re serving these baked chicken wings for appetizers at a party or a fun dinner at home, they are without a doubt going to be loved by everyone!
Looking For More Easy Chicken Wing Recipes?
- Baked Nacho Chicken Wings
- Asian Glazed Chicken Wings
- Chicken Marsala Wings
- Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings
- Fried Whisky Chicken Wings
These Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are baked super crispy on the outside and full of flavor! The perfect recipe for appetizers or dinner!
- 6 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Caesar dressing on the side for dipping
For the Sauce
- 2 sticks of butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the wings with the salt, pepper and garlic powder and place on a rack on top of a baking sheet covered with foil.
- Bake the wings for 35-40 minutes.
- While the wings are baking start the sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisking together. The butter will separate a little as it sits, that’s ok, just whisk it together again before you toss the wings.
- Once the wings are done, add them to the bowl with the sauce.
- Place the wings back on the rack and bake again for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley and shredded parmesan cheese, then serve with caesar dressing on the side for dipping.
Keywords: crispy chicken wing recipe, baked chicken wings, parmesan chicken wings, garlic chicken wings, low carb chicken recipe, how to bake chicken wings,