Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are tender and juicy, with just a touch of heat! These chicken meatballs are perfect for appetizers or for dinner!
Low carb recipes can be delicious and party worthy – and for everyone. not just people who are following a low carb diet. Also be sure to check out our Bacon Wrapped Scallops, a classic low carb appetizer recipe. Or for this same buffalo chicken flavor in dip form, try our Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
We make chicken meatballs all the time. Like ALL the time. You can use this base chicken meatball recipe and flavor it in so many different ways! Leave the cheese out if you like, too. There’s enough juicy goodness in this meatball recipe that they won’t be dry at all. Or you can add different cheese like cheddar or pepper jack.
You can serve these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs for epic party appetizers or keep them in the fridge for a light meal or just for snacking! Drizzling Ranch and Buffalo Wing sauce over the top like we have here makes for a nice presentation, but you can also serve the sauces on the side for dipping – even mix both sauces together!
What Ingredients Do I Need For These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
There are a lot of ingredient ideas that you can add or swap out in this meatball recipe, but we’ll give you the basics here that you’ll need.
- Ground Chicken: You can use the extra lean ground chicken or the lean ground chicken for these meatballs. We like the extra lean because the meatballs will come out a bit firmer.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Part Skim or whole milk is fine. Like we mentioned you can switch up the cheese to any kind of melting cheese that you like!
- Buffalo Wing Sauce: Not to be confused with hot sauce, buffalo wing sauce is a milder flavor than most hot sauce.
- Bread Crumbs: Even though there are bread crumbs in these meatballs, there’s still only 1 carb per meatball!
- Egg: An egg will help to bing the chicken together so the meatballs won’t fall apart.
- Worcestershire Sauce: The distinct flavor of this sauce goes perfectly with ground chicken and adds a ton of flavor.
How To Make Chicken Meatballs
This recipe is so easy you guys, you’ll be making it all the time!
Add the ground chicken, cheese, egg, bread crumbs and seasonings to a bowl and mix together. Chill the meatball mixture for at least 30 minutes, or you can do this in the morning or the night before. 30 minutes in the refrigerator will chill the ground chicken mixture enough so that the meatballs will stay firm but not dry.
Preheat the oven on to 400 degrees. Form the meatballs using your hands or a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper. Spray the scoop (or your hands) with cooking spray so that the chicken mixture doesn’t stick.
Bake the meatballs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 12-15 minutes. Check to see if the meatballs are cooked through by cutting one open. If no pink remains in the center the meatballs are cooked.
They might take a few minutes or less depending on the size you make your meatballs.
Remove from the oven and cool slightly, then drizzle on Ranch and Buffalo Wings Sauce to serve. Add toothpicks to the top if you’re serving these for appetizers, or if you’re making them for lunch or a meal you can add the sauce before eating.
Can You Make These Meatballs Ahead Of Time?
Definitely. This easy chicken recipe only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish but if you want to make it ahead of time you can bake the meatballs in advance and then just warm them up right before serving. About 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven should work fine!
You can also make the ground chicken mixture, shape the meatballs and chill. Then all you need to do is bake and serve!
Lookin For More Low Carb Recipes?Print
These delicious low carb chicken meatballs are great for appetizers or a light meal!
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground chicken
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Ranch Dressing and extra Buffalo Wings Sauce for serving
- Mix the ground chicken, bread crumbs, mozzarella, egg, buffalo wing sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Form the meatballs using a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper or your hands. Spray the scoop with cooking spray (or your hands) so that the chicken mixture doesn’t stick.
- Place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until the meatballs are firm and cooked through.
- Serve drizzled with Ranch and Buffalo Wings sauce, or serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
This recipe makes approximately 24 meatballs, which would be about 4 meatballs per person.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipes, chicken meatballs, meatball recipes, buffalo chicken, low carb recipes, low carb appetizers, ground chicken recipes