Try these Italian Deli Roll Ups for a low carb snack, lunch or dinner idea! This easy low carb recipe is also perfect to serve for happy hour or at parties!
Just Like Your Favorite Italian Sub – Without The Bread!
I’m not a huge sub sandwich fan but when I do get one, I always go for an Italian sub. The flavors of all the different meats and cheeses combined with olive oil, salt and pepper are just a match made in heaven.
It seems like so many people (including myself) are looking for high protein low carb recipes these days…so I aim to please. We eat some pretty good food around my house, pretty much all the time so adding a few low carb dinner recipes to the mix is never a bad idea!
These Italian Deli Roll Ups are so flavorful and easy to make, I promise you’ll never miss the bread!
A Delicious, Low Carb Diet Recipe!
Also we’ve got a whole collection of Low Carb Dinner Recipes that will give you a few low carb lunch ideas too!
We’re trying here guys…we’re really trying! This low carb lunch idea is still going to give you all the flavor of your favorite Italian sub sandwich, without all the extra carbs. It’s perfect for lunch on the go, or a quick meal right at home.
What Are The Ingredients For These Italian Deli Roll Ups?
We’ll get into some ingredients that can be substituted below, but here are the basic ingredients you’ll need!
Ham: We like a classic boiled ham for this recipe, but you can also use Virginia ham or smoked ham.
Provolone Cheese: Provolone cheese is sharp and nutty, which is why we love it in these roll ups!
Salami: Any salami will work, spicy or mild. Just make sure to get your cheese and deli meats sliced thin so that they roll easily.
Ricotta Cheese: There are a few carbs in ricotta cheese but we think it’s worth it. A thin layer of ricotta gives these roll ups a creaminess that can’t be beat!
Peppers: Banana peppers and roasted red peppers add flavor and tanginess to the roll ups. Hot or mild, you choose!
Fresh Basil: There’s nothing like the flavor of fresh herbs. Basil lightens up the feeling in these roll ups, and adds the most amazing flavor.
What Ingredients Can You Substitute In This Recipe?
- Sliced turkey or chicken from the deli
- Thin sliced mozzarella cheese instead of provolone
- Raw sliced bell peppers instead of roasted red peppers
- Shredded lettuce or arugula instead of fresh basil for extra crunch!
- Mayonnaise instead of ricotta cheese
Hands down as good as getting a giant Italian sub from the deli in my opinion. Try this low carb recipe for lunch, dinner or appetizers! These are going to go perfectly cut up on that happy hour cheese board!
Looking For More Low Carb Recipes?
- Low Carb Sausage & Vegetable Soup
- Crustless Ham & Broccoli Quiche
- Chicken & Broccoli Meatballs
- Chicken Pot Pie Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This fun low carb snack or appetizer can be served any time of the day! You can easily customize the flavors in this appetizer recipe to your liking!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- 1 12 ounce jar banana peppers, drained
- 1/2 lb. salami, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. ham, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb. provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Make the ricotta filling by mixing the ricotta cheese with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- On a cutting board, lay out 3 slices of salami so that the edges overlap each other.
- Lay 2 slices of ham on top of the salami followed by 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of the ricotta cheese on top of the provolone.
- Add 2 thin strips of red peppers and 5 or 6 banana peppers making a line across the center of the roll up.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the chopped basil on top of the peppers.
- Roll up the wrap ending with the seam side down.
- Cut on a diagonal in half and repeat with the other roll ups.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb snack, low carb recipes, low carb appetizers, appetizer recipes