This Crustless Ham And Broccoli Quiche is a low carb quiche recipe that everyone will love! Layers of sliced ham are used instead of a traditional crust!
We love these flavorful, low carb recipes for the whole family! Also check out our Low Carb Sausage & Vegetable Soup and these fun Italian Deli Roll Ups, like an Italian Sub without the roll!
What Is A Crustless Quiche?
Typically a quiche is made with a pie crust, or some sort of crust on the bottom. I’ve seen quiche recipes with a hash brown crust, and biscuit crust or no crust, like this Crustless Ham And Broccoli Quiche.
Instead of a traditional bottom crust, we layered slices of ham on the bottom of a pie plate to make this a low carb quiche recipe. This is also a great recipe to make if you don’t happen to have a pie crust on hand, just use up your deli meat!
What Kind Of Ham Should I Use For This Crustless Quiche Recipe?
We used boiled ham for our quiche, but you can use any kind of ham you like. Virginia ham or smoked ham would be great. I think I might stay away from honey ham or something sweet, but it’s totally up to you.
When you go to your deli counter, have them slice the ham on the thicker side instead of super thin the way most people have it sliced for sandwiches and things. That way the ham will be sturdy enough to hold the eggs in and make the “crust” for the quiche.
If you happen to have thinner ham already in your refrigerator, double or triple up the slices and you’ll be good to go!
Low-Carb Quiche Ingredients
This is another recipe that you can really use a lot of ingredients that you have on hand. We’ll start with a list of the basics and then move on to some swap outs and add ins!
Eggs: You’ll need a dozen eggs for this recipe, we know, it’s a lot but it also feeds a lot. If you want to reduce the number of eggs you definitely can, you just might need a smaller pie plate.
Broccoli: Fresh or frozen, you’ll need about 1 1/2 cups.
Cheese: We used gruyere but use whatever cheese you like or have on hand!
Ham: Virginia ham or boiled ham is our choice for this quiche. Make sure you have it sliced a little thicker than normal.
Milk: Whole milk or even cream will work best. Of course you can use any kind of milk you have but the more fat the dairy has the fluffier and tastier this quiche is going to turn out.
- Spinach, chopped asparagus, red peppers, mushrooms and onions instead of or in addition to the broccoli
- Mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, Swiss or Monterey Jack instead of Gruyere
- Smoked Turkey, bacon or sausage to add to the egg filling
You can double up or even triple up the layers of ham if you the base to be thicker. But as you can see this quiche recipe slices up perfectly! We didn’t even spray the bottom of the pie dish, it just slides right out.
Can I Make Quiche Ahead Of Time?
You can! Bake the quiche through and let it cool. Then cover it with aluminum foil and let refrigerate until you’re ready, a day or two will be just fine. Then remove the quiche from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you reheat it to let it come to room temperature.
Warm the quiche up in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the center is warmed through.
This Crustless Ham and Broccoli Quiche recipe freezes very well too! Let the quiche defrost in your refrigerator overnight and then follow the instructions for reheating. It’s perfect for holidays, brunches, bringing to a friend or just a make ahead meal.
Can I Use An Egg Substitute In This Quiche?
Yep! Just follow the amounts on the package directions to equal 12 eggs and you’re all set!
More Low Carb Recipes:
- Naked Sheet Pan Tacos
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Meatloaf
- Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings
- Chicken Pot Pie Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Chicken Parmesan “Crustless” Pizza
Crustless Ham And Broccoli Quiche
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
This quiche recipe is low carb, but the whole family will love it! You can serve quiche for breakfast, brunch lunch and even dinner!
- 1/2 pound deli ham, sliced thick not thin
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped broccoli
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the gruyere cheese together in a large bowl. Stir in the chopped broccoli.
- Lay the ham slices out in a 10 inch pie plate, overlapping like you see in the picture above in the post so it creates a “crust” on the bottom of the pie plate.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of gruyere cheese and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet in case of any spills and bake uncovered for 45 minuets. If the top of the quiche starts to get too browned, you can cover with foil and continue baking.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli cheese quiche, crustless broccoli quiche, low carb quiche, ham and broccoli quiche,