This Ham Salad Recipe is one of our favorite things to make with leftover ham! No leftover ham? No worries! Grab a ham steak from the grocery store or even thick sliced ham at the deli counter!
We’re usually making our delicious BAKED HAM for the holidays, so we make sure to have plenty of leftovers to make our favorite leftover ham recipes. This tasty ham salad can be served in a sandwich or scooped up with crackers!
5 Minute Ham Salad Recipe
Ham salad is a great way to use leftover ham after a holiday or party, but we love ham salad so much we buy ham just to make this recipe! You can eat it as a low carb snack or lunch with celery sticks or in lettuce wraps, or as a spread for crackers on a cheese board or filled into fluffy white slices of bread.
What you need to decide about ham salad is how fine you like the texture to be. We like our to have a little chunk to it like you see here, but you can process your ham in a food processor until it’s the texture of spreadable tuna salad if you like.
Adding dill pickles to our ham salad recipe wasn’t a big stretch, usually we use pickle relish or some chopped up pickles in our tuna salad too. The tangy pickles go so perfectly with the creaminess of this ham salad…you’re going to love it.
What Can I Serve With Ham Salad?
Like I said before, you can serve your ham salad on a cheese board for appetizers, or all on it’s own. Scoop it up with crackers, pita chips or even pretzel chips! Keeping it low carb? Try stuffing this ham salad into celery sticks or piled on top of cucumber slices.
Don’t forget to take this Ham Salad and make a sandwich too! On toasted bread, a wrap or a sandwich roll, it’s one of our favorite lunches to make on the weekends or for a quick meal on the go.
Can You Freeze Ham Salad?
So, this one I’m going to say is a matter of preference. Looking up a few different recipes, I did see some that said you can freeze ham salad…but I’m going to go with no. Typically, I don’t really like freezing anything with mayonnaise in it. The texture isn’t ever right after thawing out again, but like I said, it seems to be a matter of opinion.
What I would recommend is just freezing the ham itself. You can even process your ham to get it chopped up and freeze it into a 1 pound package, or a few packages. That way when you want to make some ham salad you can grab a package of ham from your freezer and make it fresh.
Also, you can definitely make this recipe without the pickles if you aren’t a pickle fan. It’s an easy ingredient to leave out and still be a delicious recipe!
Looking For More Leftover Ham Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
- Stove Top Split Pea Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Noodle Soup
- Navy Bean Soup (Ham Bone Soup)
This Ham Salad Recipe is one of our favorite things to make with leftover ham! No leftover ham? Use a ham steak or ham from the deli counter!
- 1 pound leftover ham (can also use a ham steak or thick sliced ham from the deli)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons pickle brine
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Chop the ham into a small dice using a knife or food processor, then add to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the ham and stir to combine. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, then stir again before serving.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, celery sticks or use in a sandwich.
There is no salt in this ham salad because I felt the ham was salty enough, but you can add a pinch of kosher salt to your taste.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ham salad, leftover ham recipe, low carb recipe, lunch ideas, brunch recipes, recipes with leftover ham