These Naked Sheet Pan Tacos are my idea of how to do a low carb dinner night! No shell in this taco recipe, just the beef and all the toppings!
We love making fun low carb dinner recipes like these Naked Tacos and more! Try our Low Carb Hamburger Cheese Crisps, Cheese Crisp “Nachos” or these super tasty Italian Deli Roll Ups! And you can Check out this post for an entire collection of Low Carb Dinners!
Naked Sheet Pan Tacos
Why are these tacos naked? Because there’s no shell for this taco recipe. Just the beefy, cheesy filling and all the toppings you want.
There’s a lot of advantages to following a low carb diet. You get to have some fattening stuff and still say that you’re on a diet.
Yeah, I know that’s not really the idea behind low carb but when you’re looking for some party food – or something beyond a caesar salad with grilled chicken, as much as I like caesar salad it get’s boring after a while.
That’s when you’ve got to try a recipe like these Naked Sheet Pan Tacos.
We don’t always follow low carb recipes, obviously. But we try to keep a balance between that all the delicious comfort food recipes we make here on the site.
That’s where the low carb diet comes in. Salad, lots of salads yes. But man, I get sick of that don’t you? Christie could probably eat a salad every single day. So could my little guy for that matter.
Me, I’m good with a salad once a day for a couple of weeks and then I’m done.
Enter these fun, high protein low carb recipes. One bite of these Naked Sheet Pan Tacos and you’ll realize that you don’t miss the shell at all!
How Do You Make Sheet Pan Tacos
The cool thing about this recipe is that it’s all made in a sheet pan so there’s really not a lot of mess involved. You spread the beef and onions out and bake it in the oven – that becomes your “taco base.”
Next you’re going to cover your beef base with cheese, bake it once more and then let cool just slightly. Now comes the fun part, you can get as crazy as you want or even keep a side more on the plain side for the kids.
It seems like most kids like things on the plainer side, mine do too sometimes. But because it’s got something to do with a taco – we can pile on the toppings and they don’t complain.
What Kind Of Toppings Can You Put On Tacos?
Just about anything goes in my house! But we’ve got some ideas here for you:
• Shredded Lettuce
• Different types of cheese like cheddar, pepper jack, or even queso!
• Jalapeños or other peppers
• Beans (if you’re not looking to keep it low carb)
• Sour Cream
Finally, cut them up into squares or triangles, whatever shape you want and dig in. Top with sour cream, guacamole or salsa and make it a low carb party and you’e got yourself a low carb dinner for the books.
This fun taco recipe is awesome for parties too. You can serve these tacos for a low carb appetizer or a low carb dinner idea!
Looking For More Taco Recipes?
Quick Video Tutorial!
This fun low carb dinner recipe will make you forget your on a low carb diet! This taco recipe is fun dinner idea for everyone in your family!
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup pickled jalapenos
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, onions, taco seasoning and salt together in a bowl.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then take the sheet pan out of the oven and set on top of the stove.
- Using 2 spatulas, remove the beef from the sheet pan an onto a cutting board.
- Drain the grease in the sheet pan then place the beef back onto the pan.
- Cover with cheese and bake for another 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos and avocados.
- Additional topping ideas are sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Keywords: low carb dinner recipe, low carb diet recipes, high protein low carb recipes, taco recipe, ground beef recipe