This fun low carb dinner recipe will make you forget you’re on a low carb diet! This taco recipe is fun dinner idea for everyone in your family!
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup pickled jalapeños
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, onions, taco seasoning and salt together in a bowl. Spread the ground beef mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then take the sheet pan out of the oven and set on top of the stove. Using a large spatula, slide the beef from the sheet pan onto a cutting board and then drain off any grease from the sheet pan. Place the sheet pan on top of the beef and flip over so that the bottom side is now up.
- Cover with cheese and bake for another 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños and avocados.
- See the post for additional topping ideas such as sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb dinner recipe, low carb diet recipes, high protein low carb recipes, taco recipe, ground beef recipe