These Buffalo Chicken Bites are the perfect, bite sized appetizer! Crispy, fried balls of buffalo chicken can be dipped in Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing!
What Ingredients Do I Need To make These Buffalo Chicken Bites?
Just a few things, but everything will come together really quickly!
Cooked, Shredded Chicken: A rotisserie chicken works great here, so if you don’t hav any leftover chicken just grab one at the grocery store.
Cheddar Cheese: You can also use mozzarella cheese, pepper jack or Colby cheese! Really any type of melting cheese that you like.
Eggs: Eggs are going to help the bread crumbs stick to these crispy chicken bites.
Flour: Flour will give the eggs something to stick on, it’s all part of the breading process.
Panko Bread Crumbs: Panko bread crumbs have a jagged edge to them, unlike regular bread crumbs that make for a crispier coating.
Vegetable or Canola Oil for Frying: How much oil you need will depend on the size of the pot that you are using.
How Do You Make These Fried Chicken Appetizers?
- Start by heating a large pot halfway full with oil. If you have a fry thermometer, you want the oil to reach 350 degrees. If you don’t, you can check the oil temperature by putting a cube of bread into the oil. if it fries up golden in 5 seconds, you’re good to go.
- Add the chicken, cheese, scallions, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mix together and form into golf ball sized balls.
- Bread the balls in flour first, then egg (letting the excess egg drip off) and then the bread crumbs.
- Fry the chicken bites in the heated oil for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?Print
These crispy fried appetizers are perfect for parties!
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce (for a milder flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping
- Heat a large pot filled half way with oil to 350 degrees.
- Add the chicken to a bowl along with the hot sauce, scallions, pepper and cheese and mix to combine.
- Form into balls the size of a golf ball and set aside.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls of flour, the beaten eggs and bread crumbs. Roll each ball into the flour, egg then the bread crumbs.
- When the oil has reached 350 degrees, fry the chicken bites in batches for about 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels and repeat until all the chicken bites are fried.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping.
- Category: Appetzers
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizers, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, fried food, buffalo chicken