These crispy fried appetizers are perfect for parties!
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce (for a milder flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping
- Heat a large pot filled half way with oil to 350 degrees.
- Add the chicken to a bowl along with the hot sauce, scallions, pepper and cheese and mix to combine.
- Form into balls the size of a golf ball and set aside.
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls of flour, the beaten eggs and bread crumbs. Roll each ball into the flour, egg then the bread crumbs.
- When the oil has reached 350 degrees, fry the chicken bites in batches for about 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Set aside to drain on paper towels and repeat until all the chicken bites are fried.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for dipping.
- Category: Appetzers
- Method: Deep Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizers, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, fried food, buffalo chicken