These sticky and sweet Asian Chicken Wings have the most addicting glaze! We love making these wings for parties and on game day!
If you love chicken wings as much as we do, try our Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings or these super easy Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Chicken Wings! These are the perfect wing recipes for feeding a hungry crowd!
Irresistible Glazed, Baked Chicken Wings
These Asian Chicken Wings have got FLAVOR. The glaze recipe is worth its own post, TBH, but today we’re just here to tell you about these baked, addicting chicken wings.
These chicken wings are one of the first ones we’ve posted on the site here and they’ve stood the test of time. Every time we make them they are devoured with not a wing left behind. So note to self: if you’re making these for a party make sure to double or even triple the recipe.
What makes this glaze so irresistible are the super flavorful ingredients that are used to make it. It does seem like a few ingredients, but take the time to stroll down the Asian aisle at your grocery store and just pick up what you need to make this glaze.
You’ll only need a little to make the glaze, so you’ll have the ingredients on hand next time you want to make these wings!
Are These Chicken Wings Crispy?
Nope. These aren’t crispy chicken wings, I want to make that clear from the beginning.
What they are is SUPER tender, fall off the bone chicken wings that literally are finger lickin’ delicious. SO get ready to have these wings be on your constant appetizer recipe rotation!
I say these wings are epic appetizers, but really we make wings all thee time for dinner. You can add a quick side dish of french fries or rice and you’ve got a complete meal. AND our kids go crazy for chicken wings of all kinds, so there’s that.
Get your wings on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Then season pretty heavily with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then drizzle with a little olive oil.
How Do You Make Baked Chicken Wings?
Like I said before, these wings are baked in the oven, not fried. For the best results, the oven temperature should be pretty high, at 425 degrees. Chicken wings are a pretty small piece of chicken so they really don’t require a lot of cooking time.
The glaze for these wings comes together really easily. There are a few ingredients you need to get together but I promise, it’ll be worth it! I like to thicken the glaze at the end with a cornstarch mixture to ensure that the glaze sticks to the chicken wings.
After the wings have baked, they get tossed in a bowl with the glaze and baked for a second time. This will set the glaze onto the wings so you get these super sticky, perfectly glazed chicken wings that no one will be able to resist!
Finish these Asian Chicken Wings with sesame seeds and chopped scallions for garnish. Don’t leave the garnish behind, the crunch adds the perfect texture!
Looking For More Chicken Wing Recipes?
- NACHO CHICKEN WINGS
- CHICKEN PARM CHICKEN WINGS
- SALT AND VINEGAR CHICKEN WINGS
- WHISKEY GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS
- STICKY HOISIN CHICKEN WINGS
These sticky Asian Chicken Wings have the most addicting glaze and are super easy to make! A great recipe for appetizers, dinner and large crowds!
- 4 pounds chicken wings, separated and tips discarded
- Olive oil for brushing on the wings
- Salt and black pepper and garlic powder for seasoning the wings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the wings with the olive oil, then season them generously with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place wings on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and then remove the wings from the oven.
- While the wings are cooking, make the glaze by adding the orange juice, pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and cayenne pepper to a small pot. Bring to a simmer and let reduce for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and bring back to a simmer. Turn the heat off and let the glaze cool slightly until the wings are done.
- Add the baked chicken wings to a large bowl and then pour the glaze over the wings, tossing to coat.
- Using a pair of tongs, add the wings back to the rack (leaving the excess glaze behind) and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, baste with more of the glaze and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, asian chicken wings, glazed chicken wings, easy chicken wings, sticky chicken wings, asian recipe, appetizer recipe