These sticky Asian Chicken Wings have the most addicting glaze and are super easy to make! A great recipe for appetizers, dinner and large crowds!
- 4 pounds chicken wings, separated and tips discarded
- Olive oil for brushing on the wings
- Salt and black pepper and garlic powder for seasoning the wings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush the wings with the olive oil, then season them generously with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place wings on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and then remove the wings from the oven.
- While the wings are cooking, make the glaze by adding the orange juice, pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and cayenne pepper to a small pot. Bring to a simmer and let reduce for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and bring back to a simmer. Turn the heat off and let the glaze cool slightly until the wings are done.
- Add the baked chicken wings to a large bowl and then pour the glaze over the wings, tossing to coat.
- Using a pair of tongs, add the wings back to the rack (leaving the excess glaze behind) and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, baste with more of the glaze and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, asian chicken wings, glazed chicken wings, easy chicken wings, sticky chicken wings, asian recipe, appetizer recipe