When you’re looking for an easy to make, addicting appetizer that everyone will love, this Sausage Cheese Dip is it! Loaded with sausage and just a few more ingredients – and it cooks right in the microwave!!!
5-Minute Sausage Cheese Dip
Sometimes you need a recipe that’s so easy to make, you don’t even need to think about it. This Sausage Cheese Dip has all the answers for you! For one, it’s so addicting no one will be able to stop eating it. And for two, it’s made in the microwave!!!
When you guys ask for easy recipes, we answer. Not only can you make this sausage cheese dip in the microwave, but you can make it on the stove top or in your slow cooker. Whichever method that you choose to make this cheese dip, you can also transfer it to your slow cooke to keep it warm for serving.
Ingredients For Sausage Cheese Dip
This cheesy appetizer recipe is going to be the one that everyone is asking for. We’ve covered how easy it is to make, but it’s also a super adaptable recipe that can use many different ingredients.
- Sausage: You can use regular pork sausage or Italian sausage with the casings removed.
- Cream Cheese: 8 ounces of cream cheese.
- Diced Green Chilis: Doesn’t add too much spice, just a little background heat.
- Salsa: Your favorite brand.
- Mexican Blend Cheese
How Do You Make This Easy Cheese Dip?
You asked, we’re telling. Make this sausage cheese dip right in the microwave! Yep, all you need to do is brown the sausage first, and then dump it in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
Microwave in 1-2 minute intervals, stirring in between until the smooth, creamy and delicious!
Alternate Cooking Methods:
Alternately, you can make this dip on the stove top or in a slow cooker. For both methods, brown and drain the sausage first. Then add it along with the rest of the dip ingredients to either a pot on the stove or your slow cooker. Check out the recipe card below for more detailed cooking instructions.
What Else Can I Serve This Dip With?
Tortilla chips are always a go to for dipping into this cheese dip. But there are many other ways to enjoy this dip, too! Vegetables sticks like carrots and celery, crackers, chips. Even sliced bread (crostini) and pretzels or pretzel chips.
Can You Reheat Cheese Dip?
You can! You can easily reheat this cheese dip in the microwave, stirring in between cooking. If you are planning on serving this in a slow cooker, you can heat it up in there as well. Just add the dip in and set in on the high or low setting until the dip is warm. Make sure to stir every so often while the dip is heating up so that it doesn’t get too hot on the bottom.
Looking For More Appetizer Recipes?Print
This Sausage Cheese Dip is a mega addicting appetizer recipe – and it’s made in the easiest way ever!
- 1 pound sausage, pork sausage or Italian sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (can swap Velveeta for an extra smooth dip)
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite brand)
- 4.5 ounce can diced green chilis
- Add the sausage to a skillet and brown, while breaking up into crumbles. Drain the grease from the pan and add the sausage to a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add it to the bowl with the sausage along with the Mexican blend cheese, diced chilis and salsa.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes, then remove and stir. Microwave the dip in 1-2 minutes intervals, while stirring, until the cheese is melted and the dip is warmed through.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a slow cooker and set on the warm setting.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex