These Baked Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings have a sticky, sweet sauce that coats every bite of chicken! The perfect wing recipe for appetizers or dinner!
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- sesame seeds and chives for garnish
For the Sauce/Marinade
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl (except the cornstarch mixture) then use 1 cup of the sauce to marinate the chicken wings in a large bowl or resealable bag for 8 hours or overnight.
- Reserve the extra sauce for basting the wings while cooking.
- Remove the wings from the marinade (discarding the marinade) and place on a wire rack over baking sheet covered in foil.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- While the wings are baking pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Thicken the sauce with the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil again. Once the sauce is thickened you can remove the pan from the heat and cover until the wings are done.
- Take the wings out of the oven and baste with a thick layer of the sauce.
- Place the wings back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and sesame seeds and serve any extra sauce on the side for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: chicken wing recipes, appetizer recipe, asian chicken recipe, baked chicken wings, hoisin chicken, how to bake chicken wings, easy chicken wings