This addicting Baked Chicken Wings are one of our favorite chicken wing recipes! Dip these crispy wings in marinara sauce for appetizers or dinner!
- 4 pounds chicken wings, separated and wing tips discarded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten with a tablespoon water
- 1 cup plain or Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (plus 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken wings with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon of water to make an egg wash. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and the nutmeg.
- Dip each chicken wing into the egg wash, letting the excess egg drip off, then into the bread crumb bowl coating the wings on all sides.
- Add the chicken wings in a single layer to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Spray the tops of the wings with the cooking spray and then bake the wings for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and turn the heat up to 450 degrees.
- Once the oven comes up to temperature, add the remaining parmesan cheese to the tops of the chicken wings and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken wings, crispy chicken wing recipe, chicken parmesan recipe, appetizer recipes, how to bake chicken wings, best chicken wing recipe