These juicy chicken meatballs are a staple at our house! Super easy to make and they only need about 15 minutes in the oven. Serve these meatballs for dinner or for appetizers!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 pounds ground chicken or ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Add the oil to a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, along with a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Set aside to let cool while you make the meatball mix.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl and then let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 1 1/2 tablespoon scooper with non-stick cooking spray and portion out the meatballs onto a parchment lined baking sheet. You might have to respray the scooper a few times while doing this as the chicken mixture will be very wet. If using your hands, you can either wet them or spray your hands with cooking spray.
- Bake the meatballs for 12 minutes and then broil the meatballs for 5 minutes. Broiling the meatballs will give them a nice, brown exterior. If you want to skip the broiler, cook the meatballs in the oven for 15-17 minutes until cooked through.
Nutrition information is using extra lean ground chicken breast.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatball recipe, chicken meatballs, appetizer recipes, baked meatballs, healthy recipes, low fat recipes, low carb recipes, ground chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes