This Homemade Stir Fry Sauce adds amazing flavor to your favorite Asian stir fry recipes!
A super fast, 5-minute sauce that can be used in so many ways in addition to a stir fry. Use as a sauce for shrimp, chicken or steak or drizzle it over fried rice for extra flavor!
Easy, 5-Minute Stir Fry Sauce
Homemade Stir Fry Sauce may sound like a complicated thing to make, but it’s not. There’s nothing to it besides adding all the ingredients to a pot and letting them boil for a few minutes to thicken up.
It’s definitely worth taking a few minutes to make this sauce, which adds incredible flavor to even the simplest recipes!
If you are worried that adding sauce to your recipes will make it unhealthy, fear not. This sauce has only one teaspoon of sesame oil in it, so it’s actually very low in fat and calories.
Ingredients For Stir Fry Sauce
Although stir fry sauce adds a satisfying kick to your favorite dishes, it’s a surprisingly simple sauce to make! And that’s the way it should be right? Minimal effort with maximum reward.
Here is what you will need:
- (Low Sodium) Soy sauce
- (Low sodium) chicken broth
- Fresh ginger
- Dry sherry
- Toasted sesame oil
- Oyster sauce
How to Make It
One of the things that makes this the BEST stir fry sauce recipe is how quickly it comes together. From start to finish it’s ready in under 10 minutes. Here’s how you do it:
- Combine the soy sauce, broth, ginger, sherry, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Add them to a saucepan, mix to combine and bring to a boil.
- Make a cornstarch slurry: In a small bowl, combine the corn starch and water with a whisk. Add it to the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Simmer: Cook the sauce over low heat for 5 minutes
- Get Cooking: That’s it! You’re ready to get your wok on!
Ways to Use This Stir Fry Sauce
Follow your favorite chicken stir fry or beef stir fry recipe or you can simply grab some shredded chicken and steamed broccoli and toss it together with this sauce. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Cooked white or brown rice on the side is also must for my family – we go through tons of it. And since this sauce uses soy sauce in it, we dump it all over our rice too.
We also love using this stir fry sauce with our Asian Chicken and Brussels Sprouts recipe, which has become one of our favorite repeat dinners. The boys ask for it ALL the time.
It would be almost impossible to list all the ways we use this sauce at home, any protein like chicken, fish, pork or shrimp is an obvious choice. We even use it on these low carb chicken and broccoli meatballs!
How Long Does Homemade Stir Fry Sauce Last In The Fridge?
We keep this super tasty stir fry sauce it in the fridge and use it all week long. Our boys like to dip chicken fingers in it too…it’s actually replaced honey mustard sauce for them at the moment.
Just keep it in an air tight container and pull it out anytime for dipping or when you’re ready to make your next stir fry. Add the sauce to your wok and use it like any store bought stir fry sauce.
Please let us know if you try this sauce, we promise you’re going to love having it in your fridge as much as we do!
More Delicious Stir Fry Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Shrimp and Cashew Stir Fry
- Pork Stir Fry Recipe (pictured in post)
- Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry with sausage and peppers
This Homemade Stir Fry Sauce is all you need for your Asian dinner recipes. You can also use it for as a dipping sauce for chicken, steak or even vegetables!
- 1/2 cup low sodium* soy sauce
- 1 cup low sodium* chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Add all of the ingredients (except the cornstarch mixture) into a medium saucepan. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture slowly, whisking to combine and then let simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Using low sodium soy sauce and chicken broth will help to reduce the sodium level in this sauce, and make it less “salty” in flavor.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Aisan
Keywords: easy stir fry sauce, homemade stir fry sauce, best stir fry sauce, stir fry sauce for chicken, stir fry sauce for beef