This Homemade Stir Fry Sauce is so easy to make and adds amazing flavor to your favorite Asian stir fry recipe! You can also use it for as a dipping sauce for chicken, steak or even veggies.
Is Homemade Stir Fry Sauce Easy To Make?
Yes! Stir fry sauce may sound like a complicated thing to make, but it’s not. There’s nothing to it besides adding all the ingredients to a pot and letting them boil for a few minutes to thicken up. It’s definitely worth taking a few minutes to make this sauce, which adds incredible flavor to even the simplest recipes!
If you are worried that adding sauce to your recipes will make it unhealthy, fear not. This sauce has only one teaspoon of sesame oil in it, so it’s actually very low in fat and calories.
How to Make Stir Fry Sauce
One of the things that makes this the BEST stir fry sauce recipe is how quickly it comes together. From start to finish it’s ready in under 10 minutes. Here’s how you do it:
- Combine the soy sauce, broth, ginger, sherry, sesame oil and oyster sauce. Add them to a saucepan, mix to combine and bring to a boil.
- Make a cornstarch slurry: In a small bowl, combine the corn starch and water with a whisk. Add it to the saucepan and mix to combine.
- Simmer: Cook the sauce over low heat for 5 minutes
- Get Cooking: That’s it! You’re ready to get your wok on!
How to Use this Sauce
Follow your favorite chicken stir fry or beef stir fry recipe or you can simply grab some shredded chicken and steamed broccoli and toss it together with this sauce. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Cooked white or brown rice on the side is also must for my family – we go through tons of it. And since this sauce uses soy sauce in it, we dump it all over our rice too.
We also love using this stir fry sauce with our Asian Chicken and Brussels Sprouts recipe, which has become one of our favorite repeat dinners. The boys ask for it ALL the time. Honestly, I never thought we’d be buying so many darn brussels sprouts at the grocery store.
It would be almost impossible to list all the ways we use this sauce at home, any protein like chicken, fish, pork or shrimp is an obvious choice.
Can I Make Stir Fry Sauce Ahead?
Yes! We keep this yummy stir fry sauce it in the fridge and use it all week. Our boys like to dip chicken fingers in it too…it’s actually replaced honey mustard sauce for them at the moment. Just keep it in an air tight container and pull it out anytime for dipping or when you’re ready to make your next stir fry. Add the sauce to your wok and use it like any store bought stir fry sauce.
We hope you try the BEST homemade stir fry sauce ever – because we know you’re going to love it as much as we do!Print
This Easy Homemade Stir Fry Sauce is all you need for your Asian dinner recipes. You can also use it for as a dipping sauce for chicken, steak or even vegetables!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Adding all the ingredients (except the cornstarch mixture) into a saucepan.
- Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture slowly, whisking to combine and then let simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Makes 2 cups of sauce
Keywords: easy stir fry sauce, homemade stir fry sauce, best stir fry sauce, stir fry sauce for chicken, stir fry sauce for beef