Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love! Use leftover chicken and our homemade stir fry sauce!
We LOVE making all kinds of stir fry recipes for dinner! All you need is this 5-Minute Homemade Stir Fry Sauce recipe and you can have a healthy dinner on the table in just minutes!
Chicken and Broccoli Stri Fry Recipe
Stir fry night is a favorite dinner night at hour house, it’s always a dinner time win. Our kids will pretty much eat anything if it’s made into a stir fry recipe like this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry, as long as we use our homemade stir fry sauce! Take note here parents…I do mean almost anything.
Vegetables are so much better tasting when they are cooked in a hot wok and tossed with our homemade stir fry sauce. We use it in so many recipes like these Asian Stir Fry Chicken and Brussels Sprouts and this Stir Fry Shrimp and Cashews.
But that’s not all! We love our stir fry sauce so much that we use it in all kinds of recipes like these Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs. These juicy, chicken meatballs have cooked, chopped broccoli mixed right inside and then tossed in our stir fry sauce. So all the flavor of your favorite chicken and broccoli dinner right in one little meatball.
Making Chicken and Broccoli The Way You Like It!
Grab chicken breasts, boneless, skinless chicken thighs or even cubed up beef or pork!
That’s what makes this recipe so easy and versatile. You can really use whatever protein you have on hand (even tofu if that’s your thing) and mix up the vegetables to your liking or what you have in the fridge.
Here’s the basics on making stir fry in our house. First you need a wok or a large deep skillet. The reason for cooking stir fry in a wok is that the deep, sloped sides give you more surface area for the meat and veggies to sear instead of simmering in sauce.
Next you need to pick your vegetables. There are tons of vegetables that work great in stir fry recipes but these are some of our favorites!
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Cabbage
- Snow peas or pea pods
- Sliced peppers
Now it’s on to the protein. Chicken and broccoli is one of the most popular stir fry recipes it seems, so obviously chicken is a good choice. Some other options are:
- Sliced steak
- Ground beef
- Ground Pork or sliced pork
What To Serve With Chicken and Broccoli
Rice is the obvious choice for most people. You can make brown rice or white rice, either will work in most stir fry recipes. Other options are ramen noodles or thin spaghetti (which are delicious tossed in the homemade stir fry sauce) or even cauliflower rice for a low carb recipe option.
Looking For More Asian Inspired Recipes?
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Ginger Beef & Green Bean Stir Fry
- Asian Baked Chicken Legs
- Asian Steak Roll Ups
- Baked Asian BBQ Salmon
This easy chicken stir fry recipe is one of our favorite dinners! You can use chicken breasts or thighs – even leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken!
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage)
- Homemade Stir Fry Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the chicken into about 1 inch cubes.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and then the chicken, stirring and cooking until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet, toss together with the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth or water, cover and let the broccoli steam for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cabbage to the skillet and stir to combine with the chicken and broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the carrots and cabbage have wilted slightly.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the stir fry sauce into the skillet, toss and adjust with more sauce if needed depending on how saucy you like your stir fry. Toss to coat the chicken and vegetables with the sauce ands warm through.
- Serve with rice, cauliflower rice or ramen noodles.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American Asian
Keywords: mantitlement, stir fry, stir fry recipe, chicken stir fry, easy dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, healthy dinner recipes, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipe, recipes using leftover chicken