Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love! Use leftover chicken and our homemade stir fry sauce!
We LOVE making all kinds of stir fry recipes for dinner! All you need is this 5-Minute Homemade Stir Fry Sauce recipe and you can have a healthy dinner on the table in just minutes!
Chicken and Broccoli
Stir fry night is a favorite dinner night at hour house, it’s always a dinner time win. Our kids will pretty much eat anything if it’s made into a stir fry recipe using our homemade stir fry sauce! Take note here parents…I do mean almost anything.
Vegetables are so much better tasting when they are cooked in a hot wok and tossed with our homemade stir fry sauce. We use it in so many recipes like these Asian Stir Fry Chicken and Brussels Sprouts and this Stir Fry Shrimp and Cashews.
But that’s not all! We love our stir fry sauce so much that we use it in all kinds of recipes like these Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs. These juicy, chicken meatballs have cooked, chopped broccoli mixed right inside and then tossed in our stir fry sauce. So all the flavor of your favorite chicken and broccoli dinner right in one little meatball.
How To Make Chicken and Broccoli
Of course you can use regular chicken and bake it off in the oven before you start this stir fry recipe, but we love using up leftover chicken or even grabbing a rotisserie chicken to make this Chicken and Broccoli.
That’s what makes this recipe so easy, the chicken is already done and the stir fry sauce only takes 5 minutes to make. I mean, you guys, we’re already more than halfway there!
Here’s the basics on making stir fry in our house. First you need a wok or a large deep skillet. The reason for cooking stir fry in a wok is that the deep, sloped sides give you more surface area for the meat and veggies to sear instead of simmering in sauce.
Next you need to pick your vegetables. There’s tons of vegetables that work great in stir fry recipes but these are some of our favorites!
- Shredded Carrots
- Shredded Cabbage
- Snow peas or pea pods
- Sliced peppers
Now it’s on to the protein. Chicken and broccoli is one of the most popular stir fry recipes it seems, so obviously chicken is a good choice. Some other options are:
- Sliced steak
- Ground beef
- Ground Pork or sliced pork
What To Serve With Chicken and Broccoli
Rice is the obvious choice for most people. You can make brown rice or white rice, either will work in most stir fry recipes. Other options are ramen noodles or thin spaghetti (which are delicious tossed in the homemade stir fry sauce) or even cauliflower rice for a low carb recipe option.
Looking For More Asian Inspired Recipes?
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Ginger Beef & Green Bean Stir Fry
- Asian Baked Chicken Legs
- Asian Steak Roll Ups
- Baked Asian BBQ Salmon
This easy chicken stir fry recipe uses some help from the store, but you can still use regular chicken breast or chicken thighs or even beef or pork!
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 4 cups (about 1 pound chicken) cooked, diced chicken
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage)
- 1 batch of Homemade Stir Fry Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and then the broccoli, stirring to coat the broccoli in the oil. Cook while tossing for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth or water, cover and let the broccoli steam for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the wok stir the broccoli, then add the carrots and cabbage. Stir fry the vegetables for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken to the wok along with the stir fry sauce. Start out with about half the amount of stir fry sauce, then you can keep adding more depending on how much sauce you like in your stir fry.
- Toss the sauce with the chicken and vegetables then serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American Asian
Keywords: stir fry, stir fry recipe, chicken stir fry, easy dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, healthy dinner recipes, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipe, recipes using rotisserie chicken