This easy chicken stir fry recipe is one of our favorite dinners! You can use chicken breasts or thighs – even leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken!
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage)
- Homemade Stir Fry Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the chicken into about 1 inch cubes.
- Heat a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and then the chicken, stirring and cooking until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet, toss together with the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth or water, cover and let the broccoli steam for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cabbage to the skillet and stir to combine with the chicken and broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the carrots and cabbage have wilted slightly.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the stir fry sauce into the skillet, toss and adjust with more sauce if needed depending on how saucy you like your stir fry. Toss to coat the chicken and vegetables with the sauce ands warm through.
- Serve with rice, cauliflower rice or ramen noodles.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American Asian
Keywords: mantitlement, stir fry, stir fry recipe, chicken stir fry, easy dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, healthy dinner recipes, chicken recipes, easy chicken recipe, recipes using leftover chicken