These Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs are so easy to make! This easy meatball recipe is a healthy and super tasty appetizer or dinner idea!
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs
Because usually easy is the key to dinner time.
But let’s not make easy mean opening a box all the time or something boring like a PB&J…not all the time, anyway.
This baked meatball recipe will only take you 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook in the oven. So honestly, dinner can be on the table in 30.
Any type of stir fry recipe is how we get tons of vegetables in our diet. All you need to do is give them a toss in our stir fry sauce and they’re gone in no time.
So yes, this works on both kids and adults…I’m just saying…
The recipes that you can make with stir fry sauce are endless, just use your favorite type of meat (or tofu) and whatever vegetables you have in the fridge.
Just make our stir fry sauce recipe and you’ll be good to go.
But like I said, the key here is the sauce. Once you’ve got that made which takes about 5 minutes, the rest is easy.
These Easy Chicken and Broccoli Meatballs get tossed in the stir fry sauce right before serving and let me tell you, they are good.
We served this low carb meatball recipe over rice but you could use spaghetti or lo mein noodles too. Or if you’re on a low carb diet then just dig in to a big bowl of these chicken meatballs.
Now I can tell you it’s going to surprise you how much broccoli is in these meatballs – it’s almost a 50/50 ratio! There’s a TON of broccoli going on.
The key here is to make sure it’s chopped up really fine so you don’t have big broccoli pieces in the meatballs.
Just like this –
I used fresh broccoli, steamed it and then chopped it up. But you can grab some frozen chopped broccoli and chop it up even finer to save yourself a step.
This homemade meatball recipe is also a great way to use up any leftover broccoli hanging around in your fridge!
Just mix your chopped broccoli together with the ground chicken, bread crumbs and seasonings and you’re on your way to an amazing, healthy dinner.
Can You Freeze These Chicken Meatballs?
You can! We tested this meatball recipe a couple of times to see how much broccoli we could actually jam in there…so we do have a bunch frozen.
Make a double batch, freeze them and then when you pull them out of the freezer all you have to do is make the 5 minute stir fry sauce!
These chicken meatballs are so good you’ll forget all about ordering take out – and since they’re WAY better for you it’s going to be a win win all around.
Bonus! This chicken and broccoli meatball recipe is also a great appetizer recipe! Serve these guys up with a few toothpicks and there won’t be a meatball left in the bowl.
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?Print
This healthy chicken meatball recipe can by ready in just 30 minutes! Serve these meatballs for dinner or appetizers!
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, finely chopped (this is about 2, 10 ounce boxes of frozen chopped broccoli)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste, or fresh ginger grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Stir Fry Sauce
- sesame seeds and fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, broccoli, bread crumbs, soy sauce, ginger, salt, garlic powder, pepper and the egg. Mix with well to combine well then form into 2 inch meatballs. (I used a 1 1/2 T scoop)
- Place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are in the oven you can make the stir fry sauce.
- Place the baked meatballs in a large bowl and pour over enough stir fry sauce to coat.
- Toss until the meatballs are covered in the sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and parsley then serve.
Keywords: chicken meatballs, meatball recipes, healthy recipes, low carb recipes, chicken recipes, appetizer recipes