Make a whole bunch of these Pumpkin Glazed Cocktail Meatballs for your next party! This homemade meatball recipe has the most amazing glaze!
Pumpkin Glazed Cocktail Meatballs
There’s a lot of different appetizers that I consider favorites. Any type of meatball appetizer is one, bruschetta is another or anything really with cheese is good by me.
I actually love appetizers so much that I will turn happy hour apps into dinner – anytime that I can. These Meatball Pizza Quesadillas are one appetizer that now we just make for dinner.
You can use store bought meatballs for those quesadillas or our popular recipe for Grandma’s Sunday Meatballs!
So when I was coming up with another pumpkin idea for Fall…my first thought was a homemade meatball recipe. Because homemade meatballs are the BEST.
I had to think of some way to turn these Pumpkin Glazed Cocktail Meatballs into something totally party worthy and totally addicting.
Step in Pumpkin Spice Cheerios. Cheerios? Yep. I’m going to swap out crushed Cheerios for the bread crumbs to kick up the flavors in this easy meatball recipe.
THEN I’m going to coat them in a slightly sweet and slightly spicy glaze that is also flavored with pumpkin.
And yep, they are both totally party worthy and totally addicting.
These baked meatballs are only going to take about 25 minutes in the oven before you toss them in this sweet and slightly spicy pumpkin glaze.
Watch How To Make Glazed Meatballs!
You can keep these meatballs warm in a slow cooker if you’re serving them at a party too, just give them a stir to coat them in the glaze once in a while.
These Pumpkin Glazed Cocktail Meatballs are one of the best meatball recipes for parties!
Looking For More Meatball Recipes?
This delicious homemade meatball recipe is going to be perfect for appetizers! These ground beef meatball are tossed in a sweet and spicy pumpkin glaze!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely crushed Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
For the glaze
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water for thickening
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scooper, portion out the meatballs and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are in the oven you can make the glaze.
- Add the oil to a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for 20 seconds, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir well to combine then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling you can pour in the cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine.
- Bring the glaze back to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, cover and let rest until the meatballs are finished cooking.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer to a large skillet or baking dish.
- Pour the glaze over the meatballs and toss gently to coat. The skillet works well if you’re keeping these warm just until serving, or you can toss the meatballs and transfer to a slow cooker if you need to keep them warm longer.
Alternately to baking the meatballs you can cook them in a large skillet then remove them when browned and cooked through. In the same skillet you can make the glaze then add the meatballs back in the skillet to coat in the glaze.
Keywords: meatballs, easy meatball recipe, best meatball recipe, appetizer recipe, baked meatball recipe, ground beef recipe