This delicious homemade meatball recipe is going to be perfect for appetizers! These ground beef meatball are tossed in a sweet and spicy pumpkin glaze!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups finely crushed Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
For the pumpkin glaze:
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water for thickening
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scooper, portion out the meatballs and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are in the oven you can make the glaze by adding the oil to a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and stir for 20 seconds, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the cornstarch mixture. Whisk to combine and then bring the glaze to a boil.
- Once the glaze is boiling, pour in the cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine. Bring the glaze back to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Cover and turn the heat off until the meatballs are finished cooking.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and transfer to a large skillet or baking dish.
- Pour the glaze over the meatballs and toss gently to coat. The skillet works well if you’re keeping these warm just until serving, or you can toss the meatballs and transfer to a slow cooker if you need to keep them warm longer.
Alternately to baking the meatballs you can cook them in a large skillet then remove them when browned and cooked through. In the same skillet you can make the glaze then add the meatballs back in the skillet to coat in the glaze.
- Category: appetizers
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatballs, easy meatball recipe, best meatball recipe, appetizer recipe, baked meatball recipe, ground beef recipe