This Shrimp with Cashew Nuts will have your family running to the dinner table! This delicious, simple shrimp stir fry is ready and on the table in just 10 minutes!
We love shrimp for dinner, especially when we use our homemade Stir Fry Sauce and make this super easy shrimp and cashew stir fry!
Easy To Make Shrimp with Cashew Nuts
Stir fry dinners like Shrimp with Cashew Nuts are BIG at our house. Not only are stir fry recipes a great way to clean out the fridge, but they add tons of vegetables to your meal. I know for us that’s huge, we definitely don’t get in as many veggies as we should!
How Do You Make A Shrimp Stir Fry?
You can make stir fry in a large skillet but a wok will work the best. There’s more surface area in a wok so your ingredients will sear better. But if you don’t have a wok, use the largest skillet that you have.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to a preheated wok or skillet until they just turn pink.
Next add a half of a cup of unsalted cashews to the shrimp.
Stir fry to toast the nuts for a minute and then pour in a half cup of our homemade stir-fry sauce.
Garnish with fresh chopped scallions and sesame seeds and serve over white rice. Can making Shrimp with Cashew Nuts get easier than that?
We don’t think so. This shrimp stir fry will only take about 10 minutes from the wok to the table.
What Can You Substitute In This Shrimp with Cashew Nuts Recipe?
- Swap out the shrimp for beef, pork or chicken
- Swap out the cashews for walnuts or peanuts, or leave nut free
- Add steamed broccoli, asparagus or green beans
This shrimp stir fry is delicious over steamed rice, cauliflower rice, ramen or “zoodles” if you’re looking for a low carb option!
Looking For More Stir Fry Recipes?
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- Ginger Beef and Green Beans
- Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry with sausage and peppers
Shrimp With Cashew Nuts
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
This delicious Shrimp with Cashew Nuts is on the table in just 10 minutes. We’re using our famous, homemade stir fry sauce tossed with fresh shrimp and crunchy cashews!
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat a wok or a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the oil and swirl around the pan.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then add to the hot pan in a single layer. Cook for one minute on each side until they just turn pink, then flip over and cook for another minute.
- Add the cashews and stir-fry sauce, tossing to combine with the shrimp. Cooke for 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American / Asian
Keywords: stir fry recipe, low carb dinner, healthy dinner recipe, shrimp recipe, stir fry sauce, easy dinner recipe, shrimp stir fry, easy recipes, dinner ideas
Takeout at home! Love it!
Thanks Jennifer – we do too!
Only 15 minutes for dinner? I’m sold! I love that this meal is easy and combines some of my favorite flavors.
Quick and tasty can’t be beat! Thanks Ashley!
Thank you Jocelyn!
Great recipes this was very good family enjoyed it
Glad you liked it, Thanks for letting me know Claudia!