Make this popular Bang Bang Sauce recipe right at home! All you need is four ingredients to make this sauce and it’s perfect for chicken, fish, steak and more!
Bang Bang Sauce Copycat Recipe
If you’ve ever been to the famous Bonefish Grill, then you’ve probably had their Bang Bang Shrimp. And if you’ve had the bang bang shrimp then you’ve tasted their delicious Bang Bang Sauce.
So we’re here to tell you that our Bang Bang Sauce recipe taste exactly the same. There’s only four ingredients that you need to gather up, so let’s get to it!
What Is Bang Bang Sauce Made Of?
All you need is four ingredients to make this addicting, creamy sauce recipe.
- Mayonnaise: Regular, full fat mayo is best.
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce: Find this in the Asian aisle at the grocery store.
- Sriracha: Again, you can grab this right in the Asian foods aisle.
- Honey: Just a tablespoon is all you need to get that signature sweet and spicy flavor!
How Do You Make This Sauce?
All you need to do is add those four ingredients to a bowl (find the exact amounts down in the recipe card) and whisk until they’re combined.
You can spice this sauce up more by adding a touch more sriracha. We like to add a dusting of cayenne pepper on top before serving but that’s totally optional.
Is Bang Bang Sauce The Same As Yum Yum?
They both have fun names, but no, they aren’t the same. Both sauces have a creamy, mayonnaise base but that’s where the similarity ends.
Bang Bang Sauce is a little on the sweeter side because of the addition of the Thai sweet chili sauce. Yum Yum Sauce usually has a tomato base (sometimes tomato paste or ketchup) and has a more vinegary flavor.
What Can You Use This Sauce On?
This sweet and creamy sauce that has just a touch of heat goes well with chicken, fish and even beef. Popular recipes include Bang Bang Shrimp or Bang Bang Chicken.
How To Store
Store sauce in an air tight container for up to five days in the refrigerator. If the sauce has any type of sour smell to it after a few days, discard any remaining sauce.
For the optimum flavor and freshness, we sometimes use our Homemade Mayonnaise to make this sauce recipe!
Looking For More Sauce Recipes?Print
This copycat Bang Bang Sauce recipe tastes just like the Bonefish Grill’s! Use this four ingredient sauce on chicken, fish or steak!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more depending on how spicy you like it)
- Chopped scallions and cayenne pepper for garnish (optional)
- Add the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, honey and sriracha to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Serve with you favorite chicken, fish or beef recipes. Slather on sandwiches, drizzle over stir fry or fried rice, or serve as a dipping sauce for vegetables, shrimp cocktail and even french fries.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American / Asian
Keywords: mantitlement, bang bang sauce, sauce recipe, dipping sauce, sauce for fish, sauce for chicken, sauce for beef