Make this popular Bang Bang Sauce recipe right at home! All you need is four ingredients to make this sauce and it’s perfect for chicken, fish, steak and more! Use it as a dipping sauce, add it to wraps and sandwiches or drizzle over rice bowls.
Why You’ll Love Our Bang Bang Sauce Recipe
If you’ve ever been to the famous Bonefish Grill, then you’ve probably had their Bang Bang Shrimp. And if you’ve had the bang bang shrimp then you’ve tasted their delicious Bang Bang Sauce.
So we’re here to tell you that our Bang Bang Sauce recipe taste exactly the same. There’s only four ingredients that you need to gather up, so let’s get to it!
Ingredients You’ll Need
All you need is four ingredients to make this addicting, creamy sauce recipe. Make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
- Mayonnaise: Regular, full fat mayo is best.
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce: Find this in the Asian aisle at the grocery store.
- Sriracha: Again, you can grab this right in the Asian foods aisle.
- Honey: Just a tablespoon is all you need to get that signature sweet and spicy flavor!
How To Make Bang Bang Sauce
All you need to do is add those four ingredients to a bowl (find the exact amounts down in the recipe card) and whisk until they’re combined.
You can spice this sauce up more by adding a touch more sriracha. We like to add a dusting of cayenne pepper on top before serving but that’s totally optional.
- STEP 1 – Add Ingredients To A Bowl: Add mayonnaise, sriracha, Thai sweet chili sauce and honey to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- STEP 2 – Taste and Chill: Taste and adjust the flavors if needed, then wrap and chill in the refrigerator until needed.
Is Bang Bang Sauce The Same As Yum Yum Sauce?
They both have fun names, but no, they aren’t the same. Both sauces have a creamy, mayonnaise base but that’s where the similarity ends.
Bang Bang Sauce is a little on the sweeter side because of the addition of the Thai sweet chili sauce. Yum Yum Sauce usually has a tomato base (sometimes tomato paste or ketchup) and has a more vinegary flavor.
Both sauces can be used in similar dishes though, lots of Asian, Tex-Max and American cuisines.
What Can You Use This Sauce On?
This sweet and creamy sauce that has just a touch of heat goes well with chicken, fish and even beef. Popular recipes include Bang Bang Shrimp or Bang Bang Chicken.
How To Store
Store sauce in an air tight container for up to five days in the refrigerator. If the sauce has any type of sour smell to it after a few days, discard any remaining sauce.
For the optimum flavor and freshness, we sometimes use our Homemade Mayonnaise to make this sauce recipe! Using homemade mayonnaise really elevates the flavor in this sauce, or any sauce that you’re making. And just like this sauce recipe, homemade mayonnaise only takes a couple of minutes to make.
Looking For More Sauce Recipes?Print
This copycat Bang Bang Sauce recipe is a copycat from the Bonefish Grill that we know you’re going to love! Use this four ingredient sauce on chicken, fish or steak!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more depending on how spicy you like it)
- Chopped scallions and cayenne pepper for garnish (optional)
- Add the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, honey and sriracha to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Serve with you favorite chicken, fish or beef recipes. Slather on sandwiches, drizzle over stir fry or fried rice, or serve as a dipping sauce for vegetables, shrimp cocktail and even french fries.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Store: Store this sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American / Asian
Keywords: mantitlement, bang bang sauce, sauce recipe, dipping sauce, sauce for fish, sauce for chicken, sauce for beef